Thursday, November 11, 2010

Poor Nemo

So John and I put "Finding Nemo" on our laptop as we were putting Caity down for her nap and we were upstairs reading when we hear the most hysterical sobbing through the vents. John goes down to check on her- I mean she was SOBBING...and he came up laughing, and I asked what she was crying about. As soon as John opened the door Caity anxiously pointed to the laptop exclaiming "Oh no...Nemo! blabber blabber, Nemo's Daddy! Nemo no go bye bye! Oh no!!!" Nemo was just captured by the dentist in the ocean. Her face was wet and she could hardly talk her voice was so choked up. So I asked John what he said to comfort her and he said he told her "we don't cry" and laid her down. and she responded "Ok. (sniffle,sniffle)."
I share that for two reasons- 1-I thought it was so cute that she cared about poor nemo, and 2-how is "we don't cry" comforting? Poor Nemo is taken from his daddy, but we don't cry, got it?
haha, he went back down and gave her a hug, I am pretty sure they had a moment or something.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh, cute little Caity!

The Mele's said...

That's hilarious! As soon as I read the line "we don't cry" I busted up laughing... sounds like such a man-thing.

Moms would have handled that so differently. :) But that's okay- he did a good job.

Kayleen said...

that is too funny! Tender little Caity!

Erica said...

Hahah! That's totally a guy thing. So funny!

The Yorksters said...

MARY!!!!!! I miss you sooo much!!!! I think about you a lot and I can't wait to hangout again. Do you know when you will be coming back? So I can make a countdown. lol. I'm still sad I missed you when you were visiting. Boo. BTW, I want to see a pregnant pic, ASAP! I'm sure Caity and Anderson miss each other too. :)

Lisa Lines said...

You better not tell her what happen to Spudnic the Russian fish that lived in my casserole dish. Love it.

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...