Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Thursday, October 13, 2011
On Saturday we went on a hike to sheep falls, probably our favorite place in East Idaho. There was still snow from October's schizo weather, but it was so refreshing!
Monday, October 3, 2011
Speaking of thing 1 and thing 2- they bring such life to our home! Johnny who was once literally petrified of Caity is now her biggest fan. He just loves her and follows her everywhere (oh yeah, he is crawling now!). There is nothing like hearing their giggles in the next room. Johnny loves playing peek a boo with my scarfs, giving high fives and reading books. He is still so sweet- I am so grateful to have that little boy.
Caity is just my little girlfriend. I am always surprised at how much I count on her help with the little things, whether its entertaining her brother or helping me with dinner- she is my little helper. Our family is reading Mosiah lately and Caity loves King Benjamen, almost as much as Santa Clause. She also has it out for King Noah and tells me she is giong to "kill him." This worries me a little bit since her cousin's name is Noah- we will have to pull out the Old Testament stat.
Strangely my highlights so far this school year have been getting the kids cleaned up and in their pajamas and headed up to the school to do homework. Johnny sleeps in his car seat and Caity will just wobble up there with her little backpack and do her homework with us. We have a good time in that empty computar lab.
I also love just playing in the front yard waiting for John to get home from school and playing catch and drawing pictures on the sidewalk and collecting pretty leaves.
Hopefully we can make some Caramel apples for FHE tonight- oooo, that would be nice! I am excited to enjoy this october with the most important people in my life. I love being a part of this family.
Friday, September 23, 2011
Friday, August 5, 2011
- We were at Deseret Book the other day Caity accidentally knocked over some CD's. We bent over to pick them up and Caity kept whispering fiercely, "Ugh! I HATE this place!" I would correct her, but she kept saying it until it was done and then she smiled and said, "Ok! All done!"
- Yesterday for dinner we had green beans and mac and cheese. Somehow they over-lapped a little bit. Caity got a little frustrated, "What the heck, green beans! Get off my mac and cheese! eh!"
- Yesterday I walked in on Caity spraying Johnny in the face with a squirt bottle (which she hates) and with every spray they were laughing hysterically. I can just see a couple years from now, Caity convincing Johnny its hilarious to stick a bobby-pin into a socket or something.
- This morning I was reading to Caity and throughout the story was having her do actions like thump like the bunny, sing like the bird and so forth- she loves it and always does the actions. We got to a point where Honey bunny got lost, and I asked Caity "And then honey bunny cried, can you cry?" She responded with, "No, I already cried yesterday....(pause) I cried in the TV room." Which she did.
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
- Went to the St. Anthony sand dunes a couple weeks ago and had a bonfire. It was SO much fun. I tried to impress upon everyone how cool they are if they make themselves trip over the sand dune- but I don't think they were buying it- except maybe Spencer. Who's 11. And Caity whom I have brainwashed into thinking her mom is the coolest thing since Snoais. But hey, I'll take it. It IS cool- ok? John of course managed to get the truck stuck- don't worry he thinks that kind of stuff is fun and two hours later we were able to get out! The poor kids were exhausted- but they were troopers, and the s'mores made it worth it of course!
- SWIMMING! We have gone to the st. anthony sandbar, egin lake, the BYUI pool and the splash park- it has been fun because it something we can all enjoy together. Johnny just kicks around in his little baby-tube, and Caity with her wings- she loves jumping in the water, but always makes sure to plug her nose (only to let go of it when she jumps.) John usually says he will catch her, only to take a step back- don't worry she lets him know that isn't nice.
- The city has a lunch in the park weekday afternoons and Caity is always asking to go, its pretty fun. I finally explained to her that we don't go until both hand on the clock are pointing up. So yesterday I walked into the front room at about 9:00am and Caity was jumping around all excited because "Oh my goodness! It's time!" She manually changed the clock to say 12. Pretty innovative.
- Caity made a new friend. Sarah is referred to as Caity's "Super Special Friend." Her best friends rotate but Sarah has kept her spot as Super Special Friend. I asked her "What about Josh?" (Sarah's husband.) And she responds with, "Oh he's just there sometimes. With Sarah." She said I was her best friend, then corrected herself and Spencer and mommy were her best friends, I asked her "What about Brittany?" She flung herself on her pillow and exclaimed "this is too hard!"
- We leave for florida in a week!! So excited for the beach and the sun!
Thursday, July 7, 2011
Has officially signed up for the LSAT- whoo hoo! Still playing early morning basketball and is still coaching Rigby's special olympics basketball team, we are going to state in a week! He just bought another truck and is working to sell our most recent one. Yes, yes- ANOTHER vehicle to
mark up on our tally board. We made a list on the way to practice today- 22 cars in 4 years! Crazy- huh? Grateful for John's handyman skills- they have really helped us pay it to the man (or the bills.) This MAY not seem like a big deal to all of you, but if you know John you know that him allowing me to go shopping for him is NEWS- like front page kind of news, and I must say he looks handsome in my taste! :) (and in clothes that don't have any leftover manure/paint/spit-
up/oh you know.)
Miss Caity had her first run in with the ER about 2 weeks ago- split open her chin falling off the stake center stage (our little graceful one, she is...) Where was I as she plummeted to her possible death- oh just being a bad mother the other side of the stage. She was very brave and
informed the nurses and doctor that "shhhh...my chin is sleeping." while they stitched her up. She has discovered her love for the city's splash park (even if it took me getting soaked to assure her that the water was not flesh eating acid.) She had an overnighter with her Brassell Grandparents and John and I just weren't sure what to do with ourselves- coming home just isn't as fun without Caity running to the door and exclaiming "Your home! I been missin you!! Mommy(or)Daddy! They home!" I especially laugh when I come home and Caity's lit up face tells me excitedly that "I no listen to daddy! And I had time out and I said sorry and daddy said clean up the milk!! I said OK! (giggle and shrug)" And john is standing behind her looking like I couldn't have come home any later. On the 4th I asked Caity if she could hear the fireworks to which she responded "No, its not fireworks, mom, its guns!" Thanks, Brit. She is crazy, but She makes us happy.
(Yes, it deserves an update since it has quite the personality.)
Apartment is feeling more like home every day. She is quite the conversationalist with all her pipe gurgling and wall creaking and I love the company. She still needs to work on that paisley carpeted kitchen and the termites we have recently discovered her hoarding- but she's working on it, so we love her the same. I haven't been able to spend much time on her since we are in school and all but I am hoping the 7 week break will allow plenty of one on one time (more that 3 on 1- counting the kids, but Blue's Clues is on my side making the odds a little better on my side.) Apartment is looking better with her little garden and hanging flowers- even if the flowers are
looking more and more ill daily. Apartment has been a good home to us this first month. We love her (on non-hormonal-the world is out to vex me- days.)
I am just finishing up this semester and SOOOOO excited for the 7 week
break!! For my English class, I am doing a project on Jane Austin and am falling in love with her writings all over again- such a talented writer. I am hitting the gym at bedtime and it has been a really nice get away. Believe it or not world, Math has not killed me yet. My parents are in the process of moving to Salt Lake- really excited for them, they will live only an hour from John's family- I can't wait. I kind of wish my sewing machine worked...and a friend I have had since my first ward up here (as a newly wed) is moving in a few days across the country- I am pretty sad about it- not sure how I will function without her a couple blocks away. I guess that was college is for though- you come only to go (if only we could get that memo...)
Johnny is eating like a big boy now and has like an autoclock as to when it is time to eat, he is good at making sure we don't forget. It has been fun watching him explore the world more and more every day. Yesterday we went to Egin Lake (a lake that gets not deeper than 1.5 ft and he had so much fun splashing around- and he looked so cute in his swimsuit! Him and Caity usually spend car rides laughing at eachother (or both of them laughing at Caity.) It is fun to see them become such good friends.
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Oh that little man just melts my heart! He cries I drop everything to hold him, he smiles I drop everything to smile back, he talks I kiss his cheeks, and lets not even get into what I do to get the boy to laugh! Oh how I love his little man giggle! Now that he is reaching for things and fascinated by his toes, he is becoming more fun to play with and I am so grateful to be his sidekick as he discovers the world. I love playing in front of the mirror with him, I also like reading next to him while he plays with his toys and every so often we take a break from our private entertainment to smile at eachother- I live for those small moments.
Friday, June 10, 2011
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
"Nobody cares about me!"
singing it in songs- even to the tune of "I'm a Child of God", saying it in her prayers, whispering it to Johnny over his crib....everywhere. She will be at play groups and just explain to one of the moms while shrugging, "Nobody cares about me."
John and I had NO idea where she would get this from! And when we would say, "We care about you!" She would respond with, "Just leave me alone!" and she would huff and stomp into her room. We were a little baffled.
Then one day, John was watching Care Bears with Caity. I always figured it was a good show because it helped Caity see that we should be nice, and be a friend.
Well, turns out Caity wasn't looking to the Care Bears for rolemodels...she was looking toward the bad kids. Remember the mean/nice Caity post....also learned from Care Bears! Who woulda' thought?
We have since gotten over that, but how funny! She cracks me up.
Me- Caity! What happened? What did you do?
Caity- I went like this! (bites her finger.)
Me- Caity, you don't bite people.
Me- because it isn't nice and it hurts.
Caity- But Johnny is jus' so CUTE!
Me- It still isn't nice. Do you want me to bite you?
Caity: Nooooo(shaking her head looking at the ceiling.) Cwuz' it hurts!
Me- And Caity, what happens when you hurt your friends?
Caity- I goin in my room.
Me- Alright, since you hurt Johnny you have to go to your room now.
Caity- (Looks infuriated.) But MOM! Johnny isn't my friend, he's my 'brudder'!
Me- Sorry, you still have to go to your room.
Caity- (storms to her room and huffs,) I needn't mean to!
I calm Johnny down and Caity comes out of her room...
Caity- Mom, eat cake, not Johnny?
Me- Yes, eat cake.
Caity: YAY! I gets to eat cake! C'mon mom!
ps- they really are good friends- we're just still learning boundries- I love Miss Caity's personality and I love that Johnny has thus far survived it. (smile)
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Caity told me yesterday she loves her best friend- I was flattered, I told her I loved her too. She informed me I wasn't her best friend. Santa Clause was. Caity has her first imaginary friend. Yesterday afternoon, she told me to please get out of her room, I asked her if I could stay to which she responded, looking away from me, "Santa Clause is it ok if my mom stays? (pause) Gank you Santa! (looks back at me.) Ok- mommy, santa says you stay."
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
- Went to the financial aid office to figure something out, a little nervous that they would say something like, "You're a loser get out of here!" BUT as I walked in one of the Advisors was emailing me! So there was already someone there who knew what was going on with my account and had all the answers I needed. It was just awesome.
- While I was at school today Johnny wouldn't stop crying. John tried everything, then finally put him in our bed, on my side to see if he missed me smell (it sounds kind of weird written out like this) and I guess he just started laughing and talking to himself until he fell asleep about 3o minutes later- he loves me!! :)
- Last night during dinner Caity came up to me and gave me a kiss and said, "thanks for making my yummy dinner, mommy!"
- John. He just always makes me happy. OH! and for mother's day he got me this really cool camera! Like a nice one! He got it off Craigslist for a killer deal, I am so excited!
Saturday, May 7, 2011
- When you are feeling down, you need to serve others. Get out of your self pity and reach out to others.
- Every person you talk to should feel better about themselves when they walk away. Make the people around you feel their very best.
- When you hear someone say something bad about you, think of it like they say you have green hair. Do you have green hair? No. And if you did- who cares?
- Do your best to look your best every morning then when you walk out the door forget about yourself.
- Make it your job that you have a good time, make things fun for your family, make things fun for your dates, take control of the situation.
- I KNOW there is more, but of course when I actually try and right them I forget! But I think I think about what my mom would do in any given situation about 3 times a day, she really is my hero. I love her and am so lucky to call her my mom. I am so proud of her.
I am also grateful for my Mother-in-law, she has become such a good friend to me over the last few years and I will always be grateful for her and things she has taught me, especially "You get what you truly want out of life." If you want something bad enough you figure out a way to get it.
I hope I can teach these things to my children.
It makes me think about what my 'mommisms' would be definitely those things I learned from my mom(s) but I also hope my kids will remember I told them to always love the moment they are in, and that if they don't like someone it because don't know them well enough to understand them.
But really- happy Mother's day to all my moms out there...especially my numero uno (that means number one.) My mom. I love you!
Friday, May 6, 2011
- I remember the first thing I said to him, "Nice to meet you"
- I remember the second thing I said to him, "Hey John, you off to get your social on?" Like it was the wittiest thing ever and he looked at me like I was Moron- though he won't admit.
- John remembers the third thing I said to him, "Hey we were just talking about you!" He said "Really, cool." I said, "I didn't say it was good." I was like REALLY funny, ok?
- John remembers the 4th thing I said to him, "You are SO lucky to be walking with me." Like I said, SO funny.