Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Valentine's Day

(what is vday without a pink tutu, an overabundance of jewelry and a doll that sings an exteremely obnoxious Valentine's day song that I totally have memorized...)


Valentine's Day was pretty low key at our house. Caity and I made pink donuts for Breakfast, and I decorated our table in everything pink and red I could find, and hung hearts from the ceiling to which Caity exclaimed, "Oh my Dosh! Heart Surprise Table!" Which made it worth it. We made Valentines for Caity's friends which by the time we were done I was too tired to deliver...blast, sorry kiddos. I made John a scrap book of all the notes and things I have made or written John since we have been married (they have previously been stored in a big bucket.) He liked it, or at least he was a good sport if he didn't. It was fun making, and brought back a ton of memories. John brought me home a beautiful bouquet of Magenta roses and Caity a pink rose which she mutilated doing the flower dance and singing "The Dad Gave me a flower Song" That goes something like "Daddy gave Caity a Flower! Daddy gave Caity a flower! Pretty Flower! Daddy Happy!..." and so forth.
We spent the afternoon walking through farmer feilds freshly sprayed with manure in search of John's lost wallet. Romantic, you know? And because we are REALLY cool we crashed at like 7:45pm. But all in all a good day. Any day in which pink and red totally go together is bound to be a good day.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I know I say this a lot, but you are the CUTEST mom & wife!

The Schultz Family said...

I'm glad I'm not the only slacker mom who had their kid take the time to make out Valentine's Day cards but then forget/get too tired to give them out. :)

Meredith Carlile said...

Caity sounds hilarious! I seriously laughed out loud when I read the "oh my dosh!" So funny!
And cut yourself some slack, you have a brand new baby Mary! And from the looks of it, you're doing a wonderful job!

Lisa Lines said...

Mary, I still have a pair of sweet Valentine's day socks from years ago. I knew you would always be the coolest mom for the holidays.

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...