Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sick Babies

Well, Johnny Boy got it first...Caity was determined to nurse him back to health. She sat next to his bassinet looking so concerned coaching me on what Johnny needed, she rubbed his head and hushed him, she read him stories in her bed ("Cwuz, mom- Johnny's bed is shick."):
And I knew it was only a matter of time before she would get it: So we have been all hanging out with the humidifier making our front room a jungle, actually a tad stuffier than a jungle- John says he walks in our house and starts feeling sick. DOn't they just look miserable? Caity actually sat through an entire princess movie...and the credits...and the behind the scenes of Sleeping Beauty- and it distracted her pretty well from her bug.
This is how I spent majority of yesterday:
By the afternoon, Caity's temperature reached 101.6 and Johnny was wheezing and coughing and what not, so I gave the doctor a call and they wanted to see the kiddos pretty much right away. But in the mean time, Caity was too sick to go to her bed and fall asleep and so she would just fall asleep where ever she happened to sick still for more than a few seconds, while I was feeding Johnny she crashed on our spare bed...My husband John thought this was pretty funny and took advantage of the situation:

Oh memories! Well, Caity has TWO ear infections, Johnny has RSV and I have been sentenced to another few days in "the sick house." Not to mention their med's side effects- Johnny's causes him to be hyper and Caity's causes diarehha...sweeeeet. So of course this morning I woke up with a sore throat. Blast...moms aren't supposed to get sick- hopefully it doesn't really progress.
On a more positive note- Caity just wants to be held...I love it.




4 comments:

The Schultz Family said...

Poor sick babies. :( Hope everyone feels better soon. (I especially hope you and John don't get it.)

Kristin said...

Oh no!! Poor babies! Get better, okay?

Laura said...

So sad! I hope they get better soon. I do love how snuggly they are when they're sick.

Lauren and Michael said...

MARY! I miss you! If you need anything let me know!

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...