Saturday, May 21, 2011
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Caity told me yesterday she loves her best friend- I was flattered, I told her I loved her too. She informed me I wasn't her best friend. Santa Clause was. Caity has her first imaginary friend. Yesterday afternoon, she told me to please get out of her room, I asked her if I could stay to which she responded, looking away from me, "Santa Clause is it ok if my mom stays? (pause) Gank you Santa! (looks back at me.) Ok- mommy, santa says you stay."
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
- Went to the financial aid office to figure something out, a little nervous that they would say something like, "You're a loser get out of here!" BUT as I walked in one of the Advisors was emailing me! So there was already someone there who knew what was going on with my account and had all the answers I needed. It was just awesome.
- While I was at school today Johnny wouldn't stop crying. John tried everything, then finally put him in our bed, on my side to see if he missed me smell (it sounds kind of weird written out like this) and I guess he just started laughing and talking to himself until he fell asleep about 3o minutes later- he loves me!! :)
- Last night during dinner Caity came up to me and gave me a kiss and said, "thanks for making my yummy dinner, mommy!"
- John. He just always makes me happy. OH! and for mother's day he got me this really cool camera! Like a nice one! He got it off Craigslist for a killer deal, I am so excited!
Saturday, May 7, 2011
- When you are feeling down, you need to serve others. Get out of your self pity and reach out to others.
- Every person you talk to should feel better about themselves when they walk away. Make the people around you feel their very best.
- When you hear someone say something bad about you, think of it like they say you have green hair. Do you have green hair? No. And if you did- who cares?
- Do your best to look your best every morning then when you walk out the door forget about yourself.
- Make it your job that you have a good time, make things fun for your family, make things fun for your dates, take control of the situation.
- I KNOW there is more, but of course when I actually try and right them I forget! But I think I think about what my mom would do in any given situation about 3 times a day, she really is my hero. I love her and am so lucky to call her my mom. I am so proud of her.
I am also grateful for my Mother-in-law, she has become such a good friend to me over the last few years and I will always be grateful for her and things she has taught me, especially "You get what you truly want out of life." If you want something bad enough you figure out a way to get it.
I hope I can teach these things to my children.
It makes me think about what my 'mommisms' would be definitely those things I learned from my mom(s) but I also hope my kids will remember I told them to always love the moment they are in, and that if they don't like someone it because don't know them well enough to understand them.
But really- happy Mother's day to all my moms out there...especially my numero uno (that means number one.) My mom. I love you!
Friday, May 6, 2011
- I remember the first thing I said to him, "Nice to meet you"
- I remember the second thing I said to him, "Hey John, you off to get your social on?" Like it was the wittiest thing ever and he looked at me like I was Moron- though he won't admit.
- John remembers the third thing I said to him, "Hey we were just talking about you!" He said "Really, cool." I said, "I didn't say it was good." I was like REALLY funny, ok?
- John remembers the 4th thing I said to him, "You are SO lucky to be walking with me." Like I said, SO funny.