Sunday, May 1, 2011

Some updates









So things are just dandy in Brasselland. Did you know that I was going back to school? Yes- I am hitting up my old stomping grounds of BYU-Idaho, what a weird surreal experience it has been! I go to school MWF and John goes T and TH. I am walking home between each class to nurse Johnny and it is turning out to be quite the work out! My classes this semester will earn me an associates, which will be a total releif to get out of the way and under my belt. So my classes consist mostly of all those generals I am have been post poning- like Math. Bleh. I am also in a water aerobics class which is a post of its own- let me tell you! Wooo-eee. I really am glad to be getting my schooling done though. I am also working on getting rid of all that baby chub that seems to be making itself at home these last couple of months, so that has been good too.
John is taking 14 credits which feels like a peice of cake after last semester. Even though he has to create an online magazine (say what?) and edit the Iliad (say what, say what?) for one of his classes. Sheesh...He is pretty much finishing up though- which is awesome. He works the hours he can for Biorem (the cow manure place) and taking on the role of stay at home Dad while I am at school- it has been kind of fun watching he relationships with the kids grow in different ways. After ALWAYS making fun of me for taking a million pictures of Johnny and Caity doing the same thing- I picked up the camera only to find HIM doing that exact thing. He thinks they're as cool as I do! It is fun because we are leading pretty parralell lives and have a lot to relate about. He has been waking up at 5:30am every morning to play basketball with our ward- he really is liking it, his goal is dunk again before we go to florida this summer. What else is new with John? Hmm...can't think of much...he MIGHT tell you he beat me at Mexican Train last night- but he also might be delusional. Keep that in mind. ;-) He is sleeping right now- and he looks just so cute! (no-really!)
Caity is SUPPOSED to be sleeping, but in reality is singing something about her bunny and her library book and her big girl panties. I don't know. What is new with her? Well, homegirl LOVED easter (minus the fact that the Easter bunny "stole" the eggs we colored and hid them. She definately gave him a talking to...she opened the door and yelled "EASTER BUNNY! NO TAKE MY EGGS AGAIN! OK? and CAT STAY OUT!") Other than that she was a sucker for those candy filled ones. She is really liking having Daddy home more often and when we were at the library she asked me which princess movie was Daddy's favorite and I told her the Little Mermaid (he likes the seagull and sebastion- which were my least fav. parts- gimme the romance, people!) So she grabbed it and said, "Oh good, I ne'er seen dis one before! Daddy and Taity watch it togeder when Mommy goes to Schoo'" Well what about Johnny? "Oh, johnny can jus sleep or go swingin or somethin." And sure enough Caity and Daddy watched the little mermaid and ate icecream for breakfast. No wonder she likes him home so much! And at the end when Ariel hugged King Triton and said "I love you, Daddy!" Caity did the same thing to John and gave him a big kiss...which only reinforced it being his favorite. She is now singing about all her of her toys and how she will never share them with her friends from nursery. Hmmm- I think its time we have a play group at our place. Every day when I come home from school she runs out the door and gives me the biggest hug, makes coming home the best.
Johnny is just a sunshiney as ever. I love that kid. He started laughing this last week and it is becoming one of my favorite sounds. John likes putting him on his belly because he gets really mad and tries crawling...I never have the guts to enforce tummy time, I just feel so bad!! Oh and get this, he is teething! Is that weird or what for a 3 month old? Totally weird to me.
Anyways things are great, we are happy and our neighbor got arrested.

3 comments:

Laura said...

"homegirl"- you are hilarious.

Erin Anderson said...

SO glad that school is going well for you! Love the pictures. =)

Kristin said...

Oh my gosh, Caity is such a riot. I love when you quote her. Mary, I'm so amazed that you can do wife, mom, and school ALL at the same time! I feel like I'm struggling with just one at home!

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...