Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What a crummy day!

Sooo, this morning started out with an emotional break down. Straight up broke down. For no reason. Imagine the look on John's face as I threw every shirt I own frantically in the air because nothing fits yet...because that is what he woke up to. Psycho wife. His face mirrored the face I would probably make if I encountered a Cobra. He wasn't quite sure how to approach the situation. He asked if I needed a ride to school. I told him I hate school. He looked a little awkwardfied. As he continued to watch my tantrum play out. "You're going to be late for class. Right now isn't a good time to do laundry." (how sweet to give me the benefit of the doubt on that one...totally flipping out. Totally NOT doing laundry)At this point I have snapped. I just felt all the pressure on me at one time and just wanted to break. I felt like as hard I as I was trying I was just failing in every part of my life. No idea what brought these feelings on but Bah! I hate it when I feel that way. School kinda reaked. Yadda yadda yadda- the world was out to get me-yadda yadda yadda- this guy was a complete jerk at the testing center- blah blah...you get the idea. By the time I walk home for the final time that day, I am exhausted.
But I can't help but think, you know, no matter how lame my day is, I get to go home to a family that loves me, and a husband that is willing to sacrifice his time and energy so I can finish my degree. And I am just glad I can go home and be with them.
How could I not smile when this is what I came home to today?
looks normal, Dad at least TRIED to get him dressed, I know all looks normal...
And then you turn Johnny around...And realize his shirt is on backwards.
And this what Caity looked like:
Yes, those are rocks in her shoes.
She is COVERED in dirt!
But so happy.
Definately a day at home with Dad. I am so lucky to have someone like John (the big one) in my life. As cheesy as it sounds- I am just so grateful for him.
I am honestly debating if an education is really worth it. (I know, one post I love it, next post I hate it. Bipolar blogger or whatev.) But really- trying to see the bigger picture and balance a million things and some days my juggling just stinks. So I just throw my shirts everywhere. And tonight I get to put them all away. Great.

6 comments:

Laura said...

This made me laugh so hard that I got tears in my eyes! Sometimes I feel like we're living parallel lives (except I'm not in school). I'm sorry your day was crummy. But, I'm glad I'm not the only one who throws tantrums over clothes, has a husband that puts the kids clothes on backwards and makes my two-year-old beam.

Dixie said...

We all have bad days where nothing fits and everything is wrong and no one understands! I felt the same way when I was in school after I had Alex but it will be over soon and you will be so glad you finished. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!
ps. Ben did the exact same thing to Alex with his onsies that snapped in the back!

Erica said...

Haha, no joke, every time Mike gets the girls dressed someone has an article clothing on backwards or inside-out. It must be a boy thing...

Kayleen said...

this is my favorite post of yours. I love Johnny and Caity showing proof of a day with daddy. I'm so sorry you had a hard day. I partly think you were exaggerating your tantrum, maybe even for my sake because I can't ever picture you anything but calm and collected. I'm glad to know even Mary Bra-Sale has crazy moments. I'm glad it ended well for you. TOO TOO funny!!

Lauren and Michael said...

Mary, I think that Michael and John have one more thing to talk about! I have that break down about twice a week... ok every day! You are so awesome though!! I love how you can see the positive side of everything!! I really admire you! Lets get together and have lunch or do something when you have free time!

Erin Anderson said...

I love you. I am not sure if I have told you that before but I seriously love you. I wish we lived closer so that I could help lighten your load a bit. Just know that you are 100% normal. P.s. You are amazing =)

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...