Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Johnny Boy!








Oh that little man just melts my heart! He cries I drop everything to hold him, he smiles I drop everything to smile back, he talks I kiss his cheeks, and lets not even get into what I do to get the boy to laugh! Oh how I love his little man giggle! Now that he is reaching for things and fascinated by his toes, he is becoming more fun to play with and I am so grateful to be his sidekick as he discovers the world. I love playing in front of the mirror with him, I also like reading next to him while he plays with his toys and every so often we take a break from our private entertainment to smile at eachother- I live for those small moments.
He is ALMOST sitting up by himself! And lets see what else is he doing...making the FUNNIEST of faces. Babies are just too much fun.
One difference between him and Caity (which actually makes me a little sad...) he isn't a cuddler! Not at all. He refuses to sleep when I am holding him, he never just rests on my shoulder. Caity ONLY slept when I held her. Even just now I picked him up fast asleep in his crib to trick him into rocking with me. It took about 60 seconds for him to look at me like I was insane and needed to get him back in his crib, woman. John is reading over my shoulder and is explaining to me that its because he's a man. Bummer. He does show his love in other ways.
I am learning every child is different and I love both of mine so much in such different ways. I really appreciate their differences and what their personalities and strengths add to our family.
Johnny and Caity are becoming quite the little pair and nothing makes me happier than seeing them laughing together.

Ps- Blogger is taking forever uploading pictures....baaah!


2 comments:

Brit said...

what if my babies aren't cute like yours! that would be terrible, i can't imagine loving a kid more than i love baby johnny and caity! i must agree, he has become so much fun to play with as of late! (:

Kristin said...

Oh Mary, he TOTALLY looks like you! What a lucky guy! :) Sooo cute! I loved reading about what Johnny's up to...and I agree, he and Abram will be the best of friends. They already are. They just don't know it. Plus they even wear the same exact onesies. If that's not friendship, I don't know what is! Miss you!

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...