Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Yes, eat cake.

So Caity was making Johnny laugh the other day and I couldn't help but think, "Oh- this is the life!" Then of course Johnny squeals with terror and starts crying pretty loud.
Me- Caity! What happened? What did you do?
Caity- I went like this! (bites her finger.)
Me- Caity, you don't bite people.
Caity- Why?
Me- because it isn't nice and it hurts.
Caity- But Johnny is jus' so CUTE!
Me- It still isn't nice. Do you want me to bite you?
Caity: Nooooo(shaking her head looking at the ceiling.) Cwuz' it hurts!
Me- And Caity, what happens when you hurt your friends?
Caity- I goin in my room.
Me- Alright, since you hurt Johnny you have to go to your room now.
Caity- (Looks infuriated.) But MOM! Johnny isn't my friend, he's my 'brudder'!
Me- Sorry, you still have to go to your room.
Caity- (storms to her room and huffs,) I needn't mean to!

I calm Johnny down and Caity comes out of her room...

Caity- Mom, eat cake, not Johnny?
Me- Yes, eat cake.
Caity: YAY! I gets to eat cake! C'mon mom!
Oh exasperation.
ps- they really are good friends- we're just still learning boundries- I love Miss Caity's personality and I love that Johnny has thus far survived it. (smile)

3 comments:

Amy McFarlane said...

hahahahaha! that is very clever of her!

Kayleen said...

oh so hilarious. She is so smart!

Kristin said...

Hilarious.

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...