Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sheep falls

Well, John and I made a goal last week that we would be done with ALL our homework by Friday at 5:00pm so we could spend time together as a family.  And it was seriously the best weekend!  Friday night we went on a date on campus to watch a comedian- it was pretty funny- I especially liked that John lined up the babysitter and everything! (I don't know why that stresses me out)
On Saturday we went on a hike to sheep falls, probably our favorite place in East Idaho.  There was still snow from October's schizo weather, but it was so refreshing!

Caity was so excited when she found out she would be able to use the fishing pole she got for her birthday.

 Johnny boy and I shared some quality Man2Mama time on the hike

 You can't see it, but they are both holding their fishing poles, Caity made a point to let me know fishing was "her and daddy's thing" but I could watch.

 The top of the falls (I didn't get an actual picture of Sheep falls because my battery died. Lame.)

 Well...Caity started out walking....wrapped around her finger, I'm tellin' ya!

 Scopin' the river bank.

The picture that killed my battery...berries...why?

 Of course they ended up choosing a cliff! Crazies. We got this picture on our phone, and I am glad we did- it was so cute seeing those two spend time together.

It was pretty cold by the time we headed home.  We watched a movie and had pizza (my favorite!) that night. It was so much fun just to hang out together. 
Sundays are always nice- especially when this happens after church:

He's not sleeping, just reading.

 And pretty much every day you will fine my kids doing this:


I don't know why I think it is so cute, but I love walking in on them just playing with the kitchen together- you know, Johnny playing with potentially-hazardous-choking-objects and Caity cooking a "grocery bad for lunch, it will be delicious! and Yummy for my health and body!"  Seriously, just seeing them as playmates is a nice moment for a mother.


5 comments:

Laura said...

Too fun! I love the last picture. It looks like my house. Glad I'm not the only one who lets my baby play with items he could choke on. These are good times!

Kayleen said...

did you cut your hair?? I love your recent updates! Miss you mucho.

Brit said...

looove the pictures!!
love the post!!
(:

Kristin said...

You are so cute, inside and out.

Nate and Chelsea Peck said...

Seriously love the second picture of your and your little guy. You are gorgeous...You look the same as you did when we first met in college!

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...