Monday, October 3, 2011

So here we are in my all time favorite time of year! Things are so busy I am doing everything in my power to enjoy every second of fall until winter scares it away.  John and I are both going to school and that is probably what we find to be the most time consuming.  This is John's last semester! Yay!  Whereas I have....well, forever, for some reason.  Some of our high classes: John's major authors course is focusing on C.S. Lewis, who, is amazing! I am kind of jealous- but mostly just excited for him.  My favorite classes are my drawing class and my marriage course (I just changed my minor to Marriage and Family studies.) As far as drawing goes, I have always wanted to be an illustrator, but lack the basics of portions and volume and shadows and things, it has been a great class to help me get better footing or what not.  I have a class at 8 every morning and one Thursday night and besides that am home pretty much all day with my kids- I feel so grateful.  School is harder to balance but I feel like Caity and Johnny are handling things a lot better- which is kind of a peace of mind for me!

Speaking of thing 1 and thing 2- they bring such life to our home!  Johnny who was once literally petrified of Caity is now her biggest fan.  He just loves her and follows her everywhere (oh yeah, he is crawling now!).  There is nothing like hearing their giggles in the next room.  Johnny loves playing peek a boo with my scarfs, giving high fives and reading books. He is still so sweet- I am so grateful to have that little boy.

Caity is just my little girlfriend. I am always surprised at how much I count on her help with the little things, whether its entertaining her brother or helping me with dinner- she is my little helper.  Our family is reading Mosiah lately and Caity loves King Benjamen, almost as much as Santa Clause. She also has it out for King Noah and tells me she is giong to "kill him."  This worries me a little bit since her cousin's name is Noah- we will have to pull out the Old Testament stat.

Strangely my highlights so far this school year have been getting the kids cleaned up and in their pajamas and headed up to the school to do homework.  Johnny sleeps in his car seat and Caity will just wobble up there with her little backpack and do her homework with us.  We have a good time in that empty computar lab.
I also love just playing in the front yard waiting for John to get home from school and playing catch and drawing pictures on the sidewalk and collecting pretty leaves.

Hopefully we can make some Caramel apples for FHE tonight- oooo, that would be nice! I am excited to enjoy this october with the most important people in my life.  I love being a part of this family.

1 comment:

Brit said...

mary you are the perfect mother. i hope to be just like you.

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...