Sunday, January 22, 2012

Johnny's Birthday (part 2)

It was Johnny's first brithday!
Such a fun time for us parents to celebrate the happiness he has brought into our lives!
When Johnny woke up, we poured a huge bag of balloons into his crib and sang him happy birthday- he LOVED it! It was so cute watching him giggle and throw the balloons around.

 
Johnny and Caity had fun playing with the streamers and party gear.  On cue- Johnny started growling- I had a video but it wouldn't load, so sorry- but let me promise you, it is really cute, like undeniably darling. I just love that little guy.
After a primary activity in the morning, we decided to go snow hunting so Johnny could go sledding for the first time.
Well, we found the snow alright!....and got stuck in it.
Like...REALLY stuck...like and hour and a half stuck:

But we still managed to have some fun!

Johnny and Dad sledding                                        Momma and her blue eyed birthday boy!

John pulling the kids through the snow


 Then we went home for our monster party! (see below post for decoration pics.)
Johnny was so excited!

We even had party games, in honor of the birthday boy!
1- I put all the clean silverware in the dishwasher so we could pull them and throw them all over the kitchen floor (a favorite.)
2- We dropped objects into a bucket of water (in symbolism of Johnny's dropping-objects-into-the-toilet talent.)
3- Bunco! You know when you throw balls to get close to the little ball...or something like that. This was meant to highlight Johnny's throwing-balls-in-the-house skills.

Then we opened presents- which Johnny definitely figured out this time around  (Christmas, he completely missed the whole concept.)

He loved his car the most.

Then we played with the toys Johnny got!

Caity said, "Surprise! Johnny gets a big sister for his birthday!"

(Johnny playing Bunco)

Then it was time for cake and icecream!
Happy Birthday dear Johnny....

Caity, Johnny, blow out his your candles!

 And dig in, chunker- man!

By the end of the day, he sure was tired! Poor guy. Little party animal.

and I got to tuck my little baby big one year old into bed.

 But he will always be my 'little man'...it was such a fun day celebrating the sweetest little boy I know, so glad we got to have a whole day commemorating him! 


3 comments:

Laura said...

What a fun birthday! You are sucha fun mom. I love the balloon shower in the crib. I'll have to remember that one.

The Schultz Family said...

So....Much....Snow.... I was paralyzed from writing a comment when I first saw it while I had flashbacks to how it felt having my nostrils freeze while breathing. But I'm back now... :) Those were some fun game ideas. lol Lydia didn't get to have any games for her 1 year birthday because I'm not as cool as you are, or creative. It looks like Johnny (and Caity) had so much fun!

Kristin said...

I love the picture of you and him while sledding. And the one of him sleeping in his crib! I wanted to pick him up and cuddle!

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...