For easter we went down to Utah and spent the weekend with family! It was such a great weekend.
Friday, April 20, 2012
University of Idaho
in Moscow, ID.
Yes, we sort of feel like Idaho has become a life sentence! haha- we are excited though and I am proud of John for how hard he has worked- I know he will do great. One nice thing about Idaho is we will have in-state tuition- you have NO idea how enticing that is! I can't believe we are moving in like four months to a place I have never been before! Talk about an adventure!
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
- Accepted to University of ______! I think I will keep it a secret and save it for a post of its own! But JFYI (just for your information) We know where we are going in August!
- Will finish hauling hay next week and will then be a Manager for Biorem Compost (or as John calls it, The Poo Job.) It will be nice though, a five dollar raise and he will only have to work three days a week, so I can go to school! We feel pretty blessed it all worked out.
- Just bought a 4runner to flip. I know, I know my dream car, right? Wrong. THIS one is covered with camo, yes camo, and is about ten years older than luxury. He bought to flip it- good thing he is a miracle worker!
- Start school in 6 days- ahhh! So surreal. I don't want to go back, I don't want to! But...I must. Just hoping I will be able to prioritize time with the kids as number one- its hard feeling the pressures! I know it will be what is best...but, bah- school.
- Has become the list master...my poor family and their lives subjected to my lists! (deep down I think they like it...I know Caity does!)
- Just had my sister come visit for the week. Aw, love her. (and John's sister visit for a couple days!) Kickin' it with the 18 year olds- yee--ya.
- Is the bad-word police around here.
- Sneaks marshmellows for her and Johnny before letting me know she is awake.
- Can now read, cat, hat, rat, the, you, jam, ham, mat- and others I can't remember, when it isn't frustrating, its enjoyable! This age has been a lot of fun for me.
- Is obsessed with "hoooo" ing like an owl.
- Just walked in looking like a homeless person.
- Tells you story all the day long, and even though you can tell they are important to him, you really have no clue what he is saying.
- Started a new dance move today: He points both of his fingers out and squats up and down to the beat. It is so funny.
- Now says, "no" and "yaaaaaaay" while flinging his arms in the air.
- Is really into the motor-skills type of activities; like stacking the rings, or putting the shapes in the right place.
- Loves the outdoors like his daddy, except as soon as he makes it out the door, he bolts for the street! (the busy street, mind you.)
- kisses me and then looks at John and laughs at him like, "what are you gonna do?"
- loves bed time/nap time. Weird, I know- but not complaining!
Sorry for the lack of pictures...I need to charge my camera!
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
|Ok, so I am late on my Vday/Pday post! Such is my life story!|
Anyway, without further ado, or procrastination:
|My super cool not-at-all-tacky V-day decorations (cute, cord- right?)|
|Caity's Valentines for her Pre-school|
|My first attempt at making shirts...I really loved how they turned out!|
|The kids got V-day treats from both grandparents...so |
|Aaaand, she's dancing. She is so cool, I wonder who she gets it from- who am I kidding- me! ha! (joke, mom.)|
|My little Valentines. John was at work all day, so despite packing him a lunch of cheezy one-liners for him to look at all day- I was feeling mighty lonely!|
|Caity loves "heart" day.|
|Caity and Patrick decorating cookies while we waited for the other kids to arrive for our Valentine's Party.|
|This is Kami helping me with the pillow sack race...she is beautiful, I have a feeling she would kill me for posting this, but it is the only one I have of the party! We played all sorts of games and had heart sandwiches and exchanged valentines. It was so much fun and I would totally do it again.|
St. Patrick's Day!
Hello, I have NO pictures of this whatsoever.
I know, I am horrible!
I am however going to still bore you with details!
The night before Caity and I left green all over the house to attract the leprechaun.
He came and played pranks on Caity, he left his footprints everywhere he went: He pulled out all her green toys and messed up her room, hung her Barbie from the lamp, taped her Cinderella to the chair, and put her toy car on the ceiling light- he even peed green in our toilet! Gross!
At least he left little treats at our table and a note for Caity,
(which she cherished and had me read to her ALL the time until I "accidently" threw it away...right when I do something right, I have to ruin it!)
We did the green shamrock pancakes and spinach/banana smoothies for breakfast.
We also pinched Dad all day because he refused to get into the festive spirit, silly dad, doesn't he know how to be cool like mom?
For dinner we had pizza and green pop- which is totally an Irish food, ok? And watched the Zookeeper- which I thought was hilarious.
And it was just a fun day to spend as a family.
Which is why I like holidays, the traditions are a fun excuse to spend time together.
Well, my friends- until Easter!