- Is as handsome as always, if I do say so myself.
- One more final and he is done with his first year of law school, yay!
- Purchased another land Cruiser, removed all this (apparently) cool off-roading stuff from said Land Cruiser- ie-38" tires, cool bumper with a winch, lift and springs....placed them on our family's Land Cruiser, then sold purchased land cruiser for the same price he bought if for! I wish I could manipulate my hobbies so they could come out free....heck, I wish I had hobbies.
- Still playing basketball in the mornings
- Landed a great internship in Bellevue, WA- now, like a couple weeks before discovered it might not happen because of budget cuts- bah! Praying!
- We just got hired as ACA's (apartment managers) at our student housing (I say "we" because John was hired, but lets face it, who is going to be planning the community easter egg hunt next year? Yes, me.) So...FREE RENT for the next two years!
- Just got hired to be a Student Ambassador for the law school.
- Can ride her bike without training wheels! She is so proud. Who am I kidding, I am so proud. Mostly John though. He took the petals off her bike so she could practice balancing (this girl seriously trips about 5 times a day, and add two wheels and pedals- fail.) After about two weeks I come home from a church meeting to see Caity zipping on by as fast as she can! She looked all grown up and so little at the same time. She doesn't dare go slow because she is not the best brake-er, but she is getting better. Now she rides the sidewalk around our place singing "I love Mommy she loves me, We love Daddy- Yessireee, we all love Jesus, so you see- we are a happy fam-i-ly!" (mommy and daddy and be replaced with Johnny, Barbie, various My Little Ponies, trees, etc.)
- Has become quite the little helper! Every day she has a few chores to do, and man, it is nice to have her help!
- Is obsessed with our neighbor's baby, Mason.
- It has been 80 degrees the last few days and yesterday, Caity exclaimed, "Spring LOVES me!"
- Is a rapid dandelion collector.
- Is NOT a morning person. (Johnny is, sooo, this is very funny.)
- In awkward situations, Johnny growls. He bows he head, narrows his eyes and growls at you.
- He escapes...way too often. Puts his shoes on, walks outside, takes his shoes off, runs across the parking lot to a playground that has nothing but a slide.
- Likes to ride his big wheel down waaaaay too steep hills.
- Pretends to be "Wreck it Ralph." (actually really cute, he pounds his little fists on the couch and says, "I wreck it!"
- Every day, after I tuck him in, he calls under the door, "Mom! Love you too!"
- Still copying Caity.
- Sometimes Caity will try to help him with something, he'll growl at her, like a socially normal person. Caity will say, "Johnny, I am just trying to help you!" For a second, Johnny will break character and say "Sorry, I just Mon-ter" or "Sorry, I just Dino-door," and he will shrug, squint his eyes and smile and snap back into his growling self.
- Johnny still calls himself "Cal-hyoun.
- The best for last (just kidding...but f'real.)
- Still in college. Bah. I mean....not "bah." How grateful I am BYU-Idaho offers the rest of my major online to complete. Some day I'll do that- complete it that is. I know, some of you are thinking, "Mary, you told me you were graduating like 2 or 3 years ago." I'm crazy and hope things so much I assume there true. Honestly, I will graduate in 100 years because that is just the way my life is! Every day I try to drop out, John is pushing me to finish and I hate him for it. Yet, love him for it too.
- Is addicted to Candy Crush- a face book game, my dumb (wonderful) in laws introduced it to me. (Dumb because it is addicting.) I have set rules, so it doesn't take away from family time or school time, but man, dumb game! (No offense, Candy Crush, you know I don't mean it.)
- Is excited to live closer to her big brother this Summer.
- Loves working in the primary at our church.