Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Quick before it goes away! (As of two weeks ago...)

Found this rough draft when I was posting this morning, thought I would share it, mostly since I even forgot about these little moments and don't want to! So I am posting them- two weeks later, and if you are in for another long, but more updated read- scroll a little farther to today's initial post! Enjoy! And if you don't, its OK, I will!

That is how I feel with posts lately- Johnny or Caity will start doing something that will make me laugh and then by the time I blog about it they don't do it anymore, and then, it just isn't the same....so just real quick, before it goes away:

Ticklish teeth. Caity laughs hysterically every time I brush her teeth, then she can't breath normal so she snorts, which makes me laugh which makes her laugh harder.  No matter the sass of the day, she transforms into a four year old once again, right before bed time.

Caity's current favorite book is Where the Wild Things Are. Thank goodness, because I like it too!

Johnny has been "shush"ing me lately. It is a very curt and precise "sh." It goes something like this:
Me: Johnny, it's time to go to be--"
Johnny: Sh.
Me: No, its time for bed.
Johnny: (points at me) Sh.
It doesn't even sound funny here, but it is- I mean, a little rude and he does get in trouble for it, but every night when I go to bed and think about my day, I laugh about it.

On Sunday Caity (our in-house musical) was dancing around the house singing, "On Christmas! On Christmas! Anything can happen! First you get married! Then you have a baby! Oh yeah, mmmmmMMMmmm." (repeat, repeatedly.until dad says to stop.)

Johnny gets car sick, his head starts going in a circle and his turns all pale then he throws up, then he gets MAD. He clenches his little fists and grits his teeth together and yells, "ARRRRRGH!" over and over again. Poor guy. He continues all the way until he is fresh clothes.

When her Aunt said she was scared to get married, Caity put her hand on her Aunt's knee and responded in the most compassionate, sugary voice, "It's OK to be scared, your husband will dance with you and make it better."

Yesterday the kids went downstairs and started playing without even saying "hi" to me. I called down to them that I wanted to cuddle and Johnny said, "No! Not until dad leaves to play 'backetball' and 'schoo'" John says he is trying to become the alpha male.

When Johnny is really upset with me he looks at me in DEAD seriousness and eats my nose, chews twice and swallows- without breaking eye contact.

I couldn't figure out how to turn the sound down on an Ipod Touch, Caity showed me then said in a you-are-pitiful-and-i-feel-sorry-for-you voice, "Does it hurt your feelings that I am smarter than you sometimes, mom?"

Caity is learning how to ride on two wheels, it is a struggle. I love her, but her balance is lacking.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Mary, this is hilarious. Caity's song about Christmas... haha! Where did she come up with that?!

The Borlands said...

So funny! This made me smile. Glad I've gotten back to blogging... and stalking yours! ;)

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...