Saturday, July 13, 2013

Little Things the Kids do.

I woke up at 5 this morning and couldn't sleep, so I snuck out of bed to do some homework when I passed the kids room they were wide awake whispering to each other and giggling. It was probably about the sweetest thing I have ever seen. Unfortunately both cameras were in their bedroom. But it will always be a photograph in my mind.

Probably my favorite thing Johnny does lately is when I say "I love you," he says "I love you too, Mom." Then when I say "I love you more," he says "I love you most!" It just melts my heart.

As Caity gets into her nightgown at night and twirls "like a princess," Johnny begs and begs to also dress up like a princess. Sometimes I can convince him to dress like Spiderman (with whom he is OBSESSED) and other days I put him in John's T-shirt and let him twirl his little heart out.

Caity and Johnny's senses of humor crack me up.  Johnny is a tease and Caity makes the funniest faces ever.  Johnny will pretend he someone he isn't and start laughing and Caity crosses her eyes while she puffs up her cheeks- that one gets me every time.

When Johnny gets nervous he makes this weird face where he opens his eyes really wide scrunches up his nose so he looks kind of like a dinosaur and sticks his tongue in and out and just stares at you. Its weird. But it is also kind of funny.

In our current living situation while on internship, we don't have any immediate access to a yard or anything. So every time we go to a park or something Johnny yells, "GRASS" and takes off his shoes and runs in circles and flops on the grass and rolls around. Like a dog. Just kidding- like a two year old! It is so cute and makes me excited to get back to Moscow so we can have grass again.

For the 4th of July Johnny was terrified of the fireworks. Nothing John and I did seemed to calm his anxiety, then up comes Caity- her little brother's hero- and she explains to him what fireworks are and gets him all excited and they start yelling the colors of each fire work together. It was so sweet to see how much he trusted his big sister. She is such a sweet girl.

Last night we got home late and had Mac and Cheese for dinner. I was the hero. My kids chanted my name and marched in circles saying how awesome I was and it wasn't hard to forget that every health blogger on pinterest would cringe at the sight of my dinner plans.

When Caity went to Kid Camp a week ago, Johnny and I would drop her off and Johnny would cry (literally) for the entire two hours she was gone. "I miss my Caity so much. I want my sister so much." It was so sweet.

They love their dad. Their whole day revolves around when he comes home.

Caity has a little engineer mind, she is always concocting interesting ways to perform a task like putting her blocks away, like if she the block in a the first bucket it will tip into the second and then tip into the final destination.  She is always exploring with things like that.

Whenever Johnny is in trouble he always makes light out of it and it makes me laugh- every time. Like for the umpteenth time we tell him to go to bed and he looks at us like "Well why didn't you say so?" and says, "Oh!!! Its bedtime? Hehe- OK! Goodnight! Love you too mom!" Then start snoring. He will do this like three times in a row. Or its "OOOOH! Clean my roooom? OK! Love you too mom!" haha. Its hard to explain but it makes me smile.

These kids LIVE for primary.

Caity thinks my pregnancy belly is the most wonderful, magical thing in the world, and though she is right- it is hard to think that way as clothes shrink before my very eyes- it nice for the reminder, "Mom! You are getting SO big! It is just beautiful!" So of course I am obligated to say, "Yes, it is!"  Which helps me believe it for myself!
(An old. year-old picture, but it makes me smile.)

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Oh I just like you guys. What adorable kids you have and I'm glad you are documenting these special, every day moments - that way you can look back and remember. Life is Good :)

Brooke said...

I love your kids! And you! I especially love Caity's oohing and ahing over your belly. So sweet!

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...