Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Johnny's 3rd Birthday!

If you know me, you know I love birthdays! I was so excited for Johnny's birthday because he has been talking about it for about 9 months. 
This kid is obsessed with Jake and the Neverland Pirates, so I knew what our theme NEEDED to be.
I am totally, awkwardly proud of this cake:
I was so excited to show Johnny, and he didn't disappoint!

We got him a Jake shirt, so he felt especially cool as well.  Johnny is always asking for "snacks" so I filled  a Jake treasure chest full of snacks just for him.  We agree he couldn't open it until after Caity's preschool though. 
My little guitar hero! 
video
We played in the snow, went to the indoor park, got a happy meal at McDonalds and played "pirates." We read and colored and played guitar and cars and well, anything Johnny wanted!

It's Smee!
 We got home from picking up Caity and oh no! Hook stole our treasure!  So we had to follow his treasure map to find our buried treasure.  It was so fun, and Johnny was pretty excited to see all the snacks!
It was such a fun day, I am so grateful for my sweet boy! He is the comic relief in our family and keeps us laughing. I just can't believe how fast it is all going.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

So cute!! I can't believe that cake! You're like a legit Pinterest Mom! :) One day you'll have to teach me to be awesome too...

Brit said...

seriously you should be proud! this looks so good!! i wish i knew what this new jake pirate show was to appreciate it even more! but even still, so awesome! he looks so happy and the spiked hair is killing me!

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...