Friday, April 11, 2014

Sunshine is Good for the Soul

When I felt my long day was coming to a close I looked at the clock and saw that it was actually 10:30 am. No. Really? Only 10:30??  Luckily the sun was shining and so I finally gave in to Johnny's pleas and interrupted Caity's performance in front of the mirror singing some song about her brother's diapers and we headed outside.

I laid a blanket out and sat next to William.  He instantly looked  upward to the sun and squinted his little eyes. With his eyes closed he smiled  so big his chin disappeared, then he croaked over and over again (he doesn't seem to "coo" as the other babies do) as his little pudgy fingers grabbed at the grass looking for some leaf or stick to put in his mouth.

Meanwhile, Johnny road his "fire-bike" down the "big" hill and would storm past us on the sidewalk looking at me from the corner of his eye and smiling so big as I hollered, "Oh wow! You are super fast!"

Caity also zoomed past on her bike (she is thrilled as can be that she is on two wheels) she, however, doesn't care to glance my way as she is in la la land singing "Let it Go" at the top of her lungs.   Eventually she stops, takes off her shoes, and sits next to me in the grass and we talk about important things.  You know....like why we make wishes before blow out candles, where all the ladybugs are, or if we have another girl some day: all the reasons her name should be Anna- just really important stuff.

Johnny speeds past us singing, "Hakuna Matata" with his eyes closed and his face looking up into the sunshine.

Caity grabs Will's fingers and they "walk" around the grass and you can just see how proud he is of himself as he looks up at his big sister.

Johnny then ran up to me and emptied his pockets of all his rocks (Oh gosh, he is obsessed with rocks!) and showed me his cool stick he found that we just couldn't decide whether it was a gun or a microphone.  Oh silly us- it is actually a camera-knife.  Good, I have always wanted one of those.

I'll be honest, not all days are all peachy and sunshiney, but the moments that are this way sure make it all worth it

I felt overcome happiness and was grateful the day indeed was not ending but just beginning and I could make it any kind of day I wanted.  Not to mention I now had a camera-knife in my possession.

PS- I know, I know...I need to get pictures uploaded!  You can follow us on instagram- my name is marybrassell....yep, creative name or whatever.  But I am working on finding that blasted camera cord!

1 comment:

Kayleen said...

i love this post :)
It's so weird to think of the big kid things your kids are doing because all I picture are their tiny baby faces and how I knew them. Can't wait to see pics!

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...