Friday, May 9, 2014

Day 14: Night Crawlers

Last night was an every hour kind of night.
First it was William, who needed to be fed.
Then it was Johnny who rolled out of his bed (rhyme!)
Next came Caity who looked in from the hall at 1:00am and asked, "What do you need me to do mom?"
and I responded, "Nothing, you can go to bed."
"OK, thanks mom!" (sleep walk much?) (and how sweet is that?)
Then William, then Johnny whose feet hurt, then Caity who was woken up by Johnny.
She army crawled to my bed which only slightly looked like the girl from The Ring,
When I exclaimed, "What are you doing?"  She said she didn't want dad to see her because he would tell her to go back to bed. Boy, was she disappointed when I guided her back up her bed and tucked her in with promises that tomorrow would be fun.
Then it was William again.
John woke up at 4:00am to go Turkey hunting.
Just in time for all three kids to wake up. Again. And what do you know, there was plenty of room in the bed now. So after I took care of William,  I go zombie-like back to my bed to find two little blonde heads smiling and saying "Mom, we saved you a spot!"
So there I laid, squished in the middle, with little feet kicking me, hair rubbing against my neck in an annoying fashion, snores in my ear, bed breath in my face...
and my heart was full.
All the work is worth it...sometimes. :)










2 comments:

Brit said...

ok, THIS one is my favorite. how can i have kids as sweet as yours?? how!?

Ellen said...

I liked the rhyme and am hoping one of these days you write the whole post in rhyme......just a thought. Life is Good :)

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...