Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Day 22: Surgery Day

Mr. William had to get some surgical procedures done with a urologist today. Without going into too much detail, let's just say under Will's diaper is quite the battlefield! Poor guy.
This has been a long time coming.
As happy as I am to have it all over with, I am surprised that the surgery was just the beginning, I have one ornery little guy on my hands- hopefully he heals fast and feels better.
We got up at 4:00 am to get to Sacred Heart in Spokane by 6:00 am (OK- so we got there at like 6:30- whoops.)
Everyone pretty much conked out!
William was sure happy to have all the attention on him, as he usually plays the part of spectator to his ever-performing siblings. This morning, he just flapped his arms up and down and flashed that toothless grin at everyone we talked to.
He looked so cute in his surgical gown!

The highlight of the day had to be when the anesthesiologist gave him some "funny juice" to ease separation. He was became so relaxed and laughed lazily at everything.
As soon as he was gone, John left with the kids to run some errands and I sat down and the only thing running through my head were the lists of complications that were highly unlikely- but likely if they have to tell me right? 
Anyway, I was just beside myself and after about an hour, I looked at my watch realized it had been about 20 minutes...not even close to an hour!  My stomach was in knots and I felt so anxious.
I was so relieved when John popped his head in the waiting room.
While we waited for William (5+ hours!) The kids kept themselves busy playing Candyland, coloring, playing with legos...and then at one point I  couldn't find Johnny (this is becoming common, huh?)...it took me a minute, then there he was, sitting on a couch, reading the bible. I asked him what he was doing and he looked at me like I was the dumbest person on the planet. "Reading, mom."

Finally, we were able to go see Mr. Wills. I didn't recognize him at first, he was so swollen- which I had been warned about, but apparently didn't believe.

 They had a family specialist sit with the kids so John and I could sit with William together. We really didn't get a lot of alone time when he was born with the craziness of school, work and kids- so it kind of felt like we got a second chance to just hold our cuddly baby- though he as grown a little since then.

John though William's feet looked so small! And they did.
He was attached to John and just felt best when John was holding him, it was pretty sweet.
I'm a lucky girl!
All in all, it was a great day with how well the surgery went. I am keeping my fingers crossed William sleeps well tonight.
Well, tomorrow is our final day of packing!!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I'm glad the surgery went well! I love the video! What a cute little doped up boy! I hope the night is more cuddly and less angry boy! If you need some moral support during the night come on over... we can cuddle our crying children together! haha

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...