Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

I have watched this talk over and over again the last few weeks.  It is called "A Mother Heart" given by Julie Beck (one of my heroes!)  I loved this talk.  

So many times, we focus on the physical qualification of motherhood and many times forget the spiritual endowment we have received as women, regardless of whether or not we physically have children in this life.  

I am grateful for all the women who have embraced their motherhood in my life, though they weren't my physical mother, they have been spiritual mothers to me and nurtured my needs in their own God-given way. Now that I have a daughter of my own, I rely on mother's hearts in a critical way. And I am so thankful. 

Thankful for the time my friend sent Caity a letter on the day she was so lonely, thankful for the sister at church who pulls Caity aside just to tell her how special she is. For her preschool teachers who understand (better than I do) that sometimes Caity just needs to cry it out. For all the ladies who came to her birthday party because she just adores them (and I do too.)  I'm thankful for her Aunts- whom she admires more than any Disney princess- that they live virtuous lives setting a steady example to her of what she can become.  For her Grandmothers who love her unconditionally.  


And I am thankful to Caity, as I have watched her talents develop and her character form; it has only been a testimony to me that she was given a mother's heart before she came to this world.  Regardless of what is ahead of her in her life- children or no children, I hope she embraces her gift from God to be a mother.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers in my life, in my husband's life, and in my children's life. 

Also, a special Happy Mother's Day to our moms and grandmas.

To John's Mom, for raising a wonderful John! And for being more than a MIL, but a close friend and example to me.


And last but not least, Happy Mother's Day to my best friend and hero:
my mom, the constant beacon to me of what I want to become. I love you!


1 comment:

Brooke said...

I love that talk, too. What a wonderful post! And your mom is gorgeous - I can see where you get it from :)

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...