Friday, June 6, 2014

I'm not Procrastinating...My Kids NEED Me. :)

As promised, a second post in one day- haha, I know myself oh so well.
Am I the only one, or does spending time with your kids seems so much more pressing when you have a looming deadline?
When I have all the time in the world, I think I take for granted the chance I have to sit with my kids and burn time.
Tomorrow I have a pretty heavy weighted essay due for English. 
We've had oppurtunities all semester to work on it, so naturally, I just barely came up with a half-baked thesis. I am thinking about focusing on how the Realist-Naturalist Literary views womanhood throughout the The New Woman Movement. I am planning on focusing on three short stories, "A White Heron," "A Revolt of Mother," and "The Outcasts of Poker Flat." I think I can scrounge something up in time.  Well, I guess I don't have a choice! If you read my blog semi-regularly, you can understand my dreading the grammatical-error-free requirement. There was once a time I edited everything- for the fun of it....crazy me.
Anyway, back to my "in the mean time..."
In the mean time, I have been playing with Master William.  
Some days babies just need a little more attention than usual, and today was that day.
William has been carted off on adventure after adventure, hardly leaving the confines of his stroller.
We didn't do anything special- I just gave him a bath, fed him breakfast, crawled around and played peek-a-boo....but today I was really present and I got to rediscover my little guy. 
I forgot how soft his cheeks feel and how squishy his little arms are. 
(Those baby dimples! Love.)
 I love the feel of his breath as he sits less than an inch from my face studying my features with his pudgy fingers. Then he'll pull his face back for a minute, smile, then keep exploring my face. 
I can't help but smile when he greets his reflection with bubbling excitement as if to say, 
"Hey look! It's you again!"  
Watching him explore the world around him, helps me appreciate what a wonderful world it is.  
Sometimes it is hard to handle his wiggly nature, but on days like today I take time to appreciate it. 
It was so much fun watching him crawl over my lap, then turn around and do it again. 
Stand up, sit down, crawl, climb up, turn around, climb again, stand, plop on his bum, crawl in a circle...all the while pausing long enough to make sure I was watching.
How could I not watch this sweet little guy?
I am so grateful to God for babies.
And grateful I get the chance to have William in my life.

1 comment:

shaylee jensen said...

I can't take it, he's so cute. I can't believe how much he's already grown. And part of me kinda wonders how you did on that essay? :)

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...