Monday, July 28, 2014

A Splendid Weekend

Though busy, it was a great weekend.  Saturday, John went to the Temple while I manned the fort with the kids, then disassembled the fort, because said fort was causing some disruption among my people. When John got home, we went to his version of candy land- aka- Harbor Freight.  Next we headed to John's grandparents house to say our hello's and so Johnny could give his regards to their stuffed dog collection.  When we got home, John took Caity on a bike ride date to pick up a treat at the store, Caity was pretty much thrilled.  Meanwhile, I went out with my boys to the park.  Johnny needed some time "alone" with mom, and so we had a good time too.
This was probably the highlight of my weekend. It was just so much fun to to have delegated time to spend with each other.  When I was pushing the boys on the swings, they just kept looking over at each other and laughing.  When we met up with John and Caity again, she said, "We talked about all sorts of stuff you wouldn't understand."  I asked her why I wouldn't understand and she responded, "Because you don't know Spanish, and that's what we talked about!"

When we got home, John and I may or may not have stayed up until like one in the morning watching Suits. Sunday was equally busy for us. After our LAST Sunday at church in Denver (crazy!), we played games with the Highlands Ranch Brassells, then hustled our way to meet John's grandparents at the Denver Catholic Cathedral Basilica of the Immaculate Conception.  It was gorgeous, and had such a holy feeling, it was interesting learning more about their religion and admiring the Cathedral's stained glass and architecture. Then it was off to meet the Krumholtz family for dinner- he was the one that connected us to our apartment here, as well as was a former US Attorney, so it was nice to meet up and get to know them better.  

It was a busy weekend, but a good one, I am glad we got to spend it together. 

1 comment:

Whitney said...

So much fun! I can't believe you guys are almost done in Colorado! Where did the summer go?!I love that you guys not only have dates with each other, but do mini dates with the kids! You are such good parents!

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...