Tuesday, July 1, 2014

IT'S JULY!!!

Happy July everyone. I just love this month. (It's my birthday month, ya' know!) As soon as I woke up this morning realized it was July I had the itch to do a barbecue and go swimming and go camping and buy sparklers all while waving a little USA flag back and forth. July is just awesome.

You know what I love about summer?  You don't have to think twice about what you are going to wear. You know it is going to be hot, so you throw on a skirt or shorts and any t-shirt, and wallah! You are ready for the day. No bundling little bodies involved.  I love that the kids take baths every day, not to burn time, but because they are plain filthy from exploring.

Lemonade tastes better in July.

The 4th of July is coming up- Yay for Independence Day. I love being US citizen. America is a beautiful place. Especially in July.

And not to sound super duper Utah Mormon here, BUT Pioneer Day is in July.  I have pioneer heritage and although I teased my mom about celebrating it as a girl, I find myself all excited when my calendar picture for July was pioneer women. I suppose the older you get, the more you appreciate where you came from. Grateful for those pioneers that set up the life I now enjoy.

Did you know John popped the question in July? Yep. History at it's finest, people.

I think we will celebrate by heading on over to King Soopers and grabbing some Popsicles.

Yesterday was pretty good start to the week. The kids seemed to get along pretty well
 We made cookies.
And then we hopped in our swimming suits and pretended our bath was a swimming pool.


Trying to soak up these summer days as I can sense them slipping away!

No comments:

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...