Thursday, July 17, 2014

Story Time in Denver

Denver has such a great children's section of the library. Not to mention they have escalators, so you might as well call it Six Flags in my kids' eyes.  We only brought a few books to Denver (this one being our favorite), so the library is like a fantasy land with so many options. I always feel so at home in a library. We got there early and after unsuccessfully trying to teach the kids checkers, we found a comfy corner and read some books. 
 I recently watched THIS clip with the kids, and today they kept giggling and whispering, "QUIET! This is a LIBrary!" We thought we were so funny.
I don't know what it is with babies and power sockets. William wouldn't leave this thing alone.  He loved just crawling around...this trip he discovered the books. Bah! I had to follow him around to insure he didn't yank them all off the shelves! Little stinker. I was proud of him.

There wasn't enough cushions left so Johnny and Caity shared. They offered to let me join them...which was sweet...but let's be real, people. That wasn't going to work. :)

Today was about the letter "P"

Johnny had this face expression the entire time they did this dance, it was like "are these people serious?" He doesn't "do" gimmicks very easily.

William kept bounding in on top of Caity and Johnny. The parents behind me were a little concerned with how William's siblings handled him. I wanted to them not to worry, that Wills was an Idaho baby...but I didn't. Good thing, because a moment later I spied Johnny gently gnawing on William foot. Whoops. Ha ha. Speaking of which, last night we has the Sister Missionaries over and in the middle of a prayer, Johnny blew the biggest, wettest raspberry on William's chunky thighs.  It was hard not to laugh. 

After story time, we headed to the exploration corner, where the kids played with puzzles and blocks.  I pulled a puppet and had a lot of fun with Wills.  He thought it was so funny.  The kids and I tried to do a puppet show of the three little pigs. Well, Caity and I tried. Let's just say Johnny played a good ravenous wolf and it was hard to keep him focused. If he didn't remind me so much of his dad...

Then we headed to the computers for a couple minutes.


I wish John could have come with us. It would have been even more fun.  He was on a field trip of his own though... to HERE:
Denver's Super-Max Prison.
Oh, I only freaked out a little when he told me they were going to be in the courtyard with the inmates unprotected.  I have been checking my phone all day waiting to hear from him, I can't wait to hear about his adventure.  He has been looking forward to it since May.  All the interns went, his adviser tries to arrange the visit every year because she feels like it gives the lawyers a reality of what they are doing when they send someone here for a an extra ten years.  I think it will give John a good perspective. If you didn't know, John is very interested in National Security, and there happen to be a couple convicted terrorists here...kind of crazy!

Also, good news! 
John just called and we got the house we wanted in Boise!!!
So, so very excited.
Now, how the heck do I get this girl signed up for Kindergarten? I am a total newbie at this stuff, and it kinda freaks me out that I am registering her so late in the game...any advice is mucho appreciated!



3 comments:

Ellen said...

So glad to hear y'all have a place to live in Boise! What blessing and a relief! I love libraries and it looks like Denver's is LOTS of fun. Good luck with the kindergarten stuff. I've never done it, but I bet a good place to start would be calling the school district or something....just a thought. Life is Good :)

Whitney said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you guys got it! And that looks like the best library ever! Why would you want to go anywhere else?! Let me know if I can help with anything (obviously I probably can't register her for you since I'm not her parent and all but... I'd be happy to do anything else you need!)

Brit said...

"you have a library!"----- belle
I love libraries! they were the trip ever as a kid. and you saw how small our ogden one was...
im sure john was in heaven... in the jail. sounds kinda funny, haha.
make sure she gets her doctors appt taken care of before you register, that's all i can tell you.

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...