Thursday, July 3, 2014

Then we Ventured to Party City

Ever since Caity read the sign she has been begging, BEGGING me to take her and her brothers to Party City. It is just out of the way enough we haven't had the chance to go, until today.  It was pretty epic. So many things to look at, the kids were in heaven.  I haven't been there since I was a junior in High School, so I thought it was pretty cool too!
 Caity was absolutely torn as to what "birthday set" was her favorite. It was a three way tie between My Little Pony, Dr. McStuffins and Hello Kitty. "Choices, choices, so many choices," she repeated as she paced up and down the aisle. Then she abruptly turned towards me and said, "Mom. We need to plan your party here, like, right now." Haha. She was pretty disappointed when I said I wanted her to make all my decorations.
 Johnny...not so methodical. He was speed racer taking everything in.  He especially was impressed with a life size Jake (from Jake and the Neverland Pirates), all the monster toys and the miniature dinosaurs. 
William was subject to the kids' wishes as they wanted him to try on every lice-infested hat. This was the only one I could get a picture of. Some of them were pretty funny though.

The kids wanted me to take a picture of them in their cool stuff they found.  I am particularly creeped out by Johnny's choice.


It was a fun little adventure out.  For those of you who have not experienced the greatness and consumerism of Party City, let me expound a little further.  You walk in and there are bins upon bins of nickel candies of every type and color.  You walk further and there are all these bins of quarter-toys. So basically, $2.08 later, I was the coolest mom ever. 
I'll take it.
Though, in hindsight, I should have encouraged Johnny against the dog-whistle-pitched sponge-bob trumpet. That was a long drive home. Caity chose a little Dora camera and I grabbed a mini rubber duck for William to chew on so we can avoid the bite-mama's-cheek incident. 

 I like these little outings with my entourage.  We have a fun together.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I love your posts! And I love hearing stories about Caity, Johnny, and William! They are such good siblings. :)

Ellen said...

Johnny's choice seriously is creepy! Life is good :)

Whitney said...

So funny! Sounds like a good time was had by all! Such cute kiddos! Can't wait to see you guys! Hopefully the dog-whistle will be all used up by then... :)

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...