Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Twenty Seven!!

It was good day. When I got home from running, the kids were making me cards and John overheard Johnny saying, "Caity will you write my letters for me, I want it to say her name, not 'mom' but her REAL name."  So my card from Johnny said, "Hi Mary. You are nice." It was so sweet. Caity went through a ream of paper on her own making cards all saying something along the lines of, "You are nice. You are fun. You are cute. I love you. You love me. We're special."  She was also very adamant that I get to shower in peace for my birthday and kept the boys busy. Best. Present. Ever!! Ha ha. John got off work early (after meeting with an FBI agent!!!) and we went to IKEA :) He must love me or something. We came home and had pie. Johnny said, "Mom! I can't WAIT to sing Happy Birthday to you!" (We didn't have candles, so I blew out their thumbs.) John got me some perfume I have been wanting for a while and some clothes and chocolates (I love chocolates like a fat kid loves...well, chocolates! ha ha) and Caity got me nail polish.  Caity and I had to run to the park to help a friend with a photo shoot, on the way Caity kept trying to guess what I wished for (Was it for a my little pony? Was it that William wouldn't spit out his food at you?  Was it that Johnny would stop biting me? Was it that you could have another birthday tomorrow?) Meanwhile, the boys picked up some Cafe Rio (he must REALLY love me!)  We got home put the kids to bed and enjoyed a little after-hours date and movie.  It was good, relaxing day and I ended it feeling grateful.  It was nice getting little messages throughout the day from family and friends with Birthday wishes.  Mostly, it is just weird saying I'm twenty seven now! So weird, yet so very cool.

5 comments:

Ellen said...

You look SO pretty in your birthday photo. Glad you had a great day! Life is good :)

Nate and Chelsea Peck said...

Sounds like you had a great day!! Happy late birthday! :-)

Kayleen said...

happy birthday Mary!!

Whitney said...

Man I am so lame! Happy Late Birthday!! Glad you had such a good day! Lets extend it and party when you get here!!! :)

Brooke said...

Happy birthday!

Alright, Mary. I think we would be best friends if we lived closer because that sounds like the perfect day to me!

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...