Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Hoagie.

Today we found out a good friend of ours, was killed in an accident, David Ritchie, or as we knew him: Hoagie. Gosh, sometimes you just don't realize how much you take someone for granted until they are gone. Just like that. 
Hoagie was on the Special Olympics team we worked with in Rigby, Idaho.  He would ride with us from Rexburg every week for practice.  John accompanied him for his Ambassador training and Hoagie was the athlete that I got to go to China with 4 years ago.  He was a good friend and we never brought up his name without smiling.  I just can't believe he is gone. The world lost a good man, but I know he is happy and he is with his dad and as John said, he is probably laughing and making jokes this very moment.
(Hoagie is on my left in the white jacket)
Hoagie lived a life that always left an impression. May he live in peace. Gosh, I miss him.


1 comment:

Whitney said...

Um what a small world! I realize not quite as much since you lived in my hometown but... I went to school with the Ritchies! So sad for them and their loss! Grateful to know about forever families!

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...