Thursday, November 13, 2014

Locks of Love

Well, a couple weeks ago, Miss Caity got the notion she NEEDED short hair.  Her reasons: not so many tangles, doesn't take so long to wash and dry, "I just feel like a change, OK mom?" 
I asked her how short she wanted it and she indicated right under her cheek bone (to clarify here: not under her chin/jaw bone, but her cheek bone.)
I told her we would wait until after Halloween and see if she was still on board.
She was.
Better yet, she had heard about Locks of Love, and she wanted to donate her hair to her teacher's mom who has cancer.  I explained the process and how that isn't exactly how it worked, but she still wanted to donate it to "at least someone!" 
I was pretty proud of her.
So, Monday morning, much to her excitement, we headed to Great Clips.
Before:
 
During:
After:

Paperwork is filled out and her hair is sealed and ready to be dropped off at the post office.
Caity loves her hair cut and says it is exactly what she wanted, so that is good. 
She keeps acting so surprised when people recognize her.
"How do they know it's me? I don't even recognize myself!"



2 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh my word that is SO cute! What a thoughtful girl and stylish girl!!

Ellen said...

Very cute! I can't believe how long her hair was! Life is Good :)

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...