Monday, November 10, 2014

My Little Morning People

Morning snuggles are the best.
I've come to terms with my 5:00 to 6:00 AM wake up call.  I'll admit, I first thought it was a phase. It's not. 
I'm glad they are so happy in the mornings, it takes the edge off. :)
This morning I woke up to do some homework
First came Johnny. He trotted in a zig-zag-not-quite-awake fashion. He sat next to me and started sorting face cards.
Next, I heard William, squawking from his crib, while he hit a car against the wall.
That didn't last long though, because Caity woke up soon after and pulled him out.
She glided softly to the table and said, "What a night, my head is killing me." 
William baby-sprinted toward me and smiled mischievously at me as if he was saying, "Look! I'm awake!"
Homework went on the back burner and three shivering little bodies hopped in a warm bath. Johnny lined up his trains on the side of the tub, William knocked them over. Johnny cried, then William cried, then Johnny laughed, then William laughed.  
Meanwhile, Caity was in my shower, singing "Let it Go" at the top of her lungs. 
I think our neighbors got a morning alarm as well out of my children.
Everyone got dressed and ate some oatmeal and now we are watching Aristocats
"I go first because I am a lady."
"You're not a lady, you're just a sister."
Love that line!
By the time John gets home from basketball, I'll say "What a long day!" To which he'll reply "It's not even 8:00 AM"  
Then, I'll realize it isn't time to make lunch, but the kids will be ready for their second breakfast soon. Then, William will go down for a nap and wake up again at the time I wish I was waking up in the first place!
They are great kids. I am glad I get to hang out with them today.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

What a great attitude and what a fun family! Glad to see an update! Hope y'all enjoyed second breakfast--maybe they are part hobbit? Life is Good :)

erin anderson said...

You so positive Mary. You amaze me. =)

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...