Wednesday, March 4, 2015

My Firecracker Baby

Dear Brassell Baby #4,

Yesterday, we found out you were a boy, and as cheesy as it sounds, I cried a little.  I am just so grateful to have you in our lives.  After spending thirty minutes watching you on the monitor, I was so excited, you would think I actually was going to bring you home with me. Visions of three crazy little boys filled my head as I drove home from the doctor's office.  I smiled as I realized you will probably need to share a room with your sister at least for a while as I imagined your quality of life sharing with your rambunctious brothers! I'm praying those survival instincts kick in fast. :)

Oh! We are just so excited to meet you, little man. The doctor confirmed July 5, 2015 as your due date, though I have reason to believe you will make a point to come a week before or two weeks after that, because that is just what Brassell babies tend to do around here. Wouldn't it be fun if you were born on the fourth of July?

When Caity found out you were a little boy, she was a little emotional.  She was hoping to even out the numbers a little in our house. She overcame it pretty quickly though and has been planning a functional layout for her room that can include a crib.  She even said you can have blue bedding amongst her plethora of pink.  Johnny has said about three times "I'm SO excited it's a BOY!" And William- well, he doesn't have an idea of what is going on...he will learn soon though and I am just sure you two will be the best of buddies/enemies/brothers.   You two will be 22 months apart, the exact same as your Uncle James and me. I am excited you and I will likely share a July birthday.Dad and I keep looking at eachother and saying "A boy!" And then we kind of laugh/chuckle out of excitement. You are real!

Thank you for the good times thus far: for the little kicks, for making mashed potatoes and gravy so, so yummy, and giving me a reason to wear stretchy pants every day. We have a good thing going for us.

I love you my little my little firecracker baby

Mom


6 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh my word I am so excited for you guys!! Good luck to you and Caity with all of those crazy boys! You seem to do pretty well with it though... Can't wait to meet him!! :)

Ellen said...

Love! Life is Good :)

Brit said...

What a good lookin profile!! How fun that it's a boy! 3 boys! And caity is so sweet to let some blue come in the room! (;

Lauren and Michael said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited for you!!! I haven't told anyone yet but we are expecting another addition to our family at the end of August! I'm excited that we are pregnant together! I wish we were closer to go through it together!! Congratulations!!

Kayleen said...

wow! How exciting Mary!! Every time I read your blog I have thoughts like this: "I wish I was a mom like Mary. Her kids are so lucky!"
It's true ;) Congrats on another lucky baby coming your way!

Brooke said...

Oh, wow!!! Congratulations!!!!!

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...