Friday, March 6, 2015

Stuff that Happened Today

The following is from my email I wrote John today while he was at work:
Hello there!
How is your day going? Thought I'd update you on what has been going on today!

So, the kids were fine watching their show and playing while I cleaned, they ate breakfast while I cleaned, hardly noticed me.  As soon as I sat down to do homework, they have not left my side. Kids. 

I read William "Hands, Hands, Fingers, Thumb" three times in a row, he thinks that book is hilarious.

I took the covers off of the chairs to wash the peanut butter, jelly, grease, milk, drool, etc off. The older kids took this an invitation to make a tower of cushions to watch "Annie."  They are both wearing capes and calling themselves Queen Esther and King Jake. When I pulled William from his crib they strategically place him in, I said, "Here comes Prince William!" Caity was like, "No, it has to sound like royalty." I thought this as funny because there is indeed a royal Prince William in real life. 

I started making cookies. As I scooped and rounded each piece of cookie dough an placed it, I realized I was putting it in the same place on the sheet over and over again. I looked to the side of me and see WIlliam standing on a chair with his cheeks full, holding a ball of cookie dough. He smiled and drool fell down his face. That boy! 
Johnny has been obsessed with seeing how many circles he can spin, then trying to run down the hall as fast as he can. He keeps hitting walls and laughing and I can't help but laugh too. He is cute.  William watched Johnny spinning and tried a twirl of his own, after turning 180 degrees, he got dizzy and fell down and went: "woahhooooh" with his head swaying in a circular motion trying to copy Johnny. 
After practicing all morning, Caity snapped for the first time.  She looked at me in complete shock and said, "I did it! I'm the only kindergartner I know who can snap."  She proceeded to sing the days of the week to the Adams Family theme song while snapping.
I KNOW you saw me vacuuming this morning right? Well, William discovered the fruit loops and our carpet looks significantly now.

Hopefully I get some homework done today, but I'm not counting on it. :)
I love you, hope you have a good day!

Mary

PS- Caity and Johnny just burst into the room singing, "I just can't wait to be KING!" with William yelling "DADADADA!" We miss you!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

This is a treasure. I love you guys!

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...