Monday, June 1, 2015

Caity's Ballet Recital

Caity had her first ever dance recital on Friday night.
I about died because I thought it was so cute. Something about forty little girls prancing around in pink, purple, blue and yellow tutus makes my heart smile. 
Because I am usually accompanied by my two mischievous sidekicks, I was never able to sneak in and watch Caity's progress in her learning her dance steps, so in a way it was like this huge reveal seeing how much she had improved and how much more confident she was performing with the other girls.
Here she is with her class (missing one) waiting in the "green room" for their turn to perform.

"Mom. We played sunshine fairies and it was so much fun that I think I might want to invite everyone of those girls to my birthday.

There first dance was to "Tale as Old as Time" from Beauty and The Beast. Unfortunately, I the video is too big to squeeze on to blogger, but lucky for you, I took a million pictures. (And luckier for you, I narrowed it down considerably- haha) Seriously though, as lame as it is- (remember I am pregnant here), I totally got emotional watching her dance. There aren't many times where I get to sit back and just watch Caity uninterrupted and Friday night, it blew my mind how much that little girl has grown up!







Her Jazz performance was to "Walking on Sunshine" it was so cute! I think my favorite (forgive me, Caity) was watching her trying to shimmy her shoulders, haha- she just didn't understand the concept of that one, but it was still cute all the same!





Then here is the whole school after the jazz performances were done. All the acts were so much fun to watch! I am really looking forward to next year.
Here she is, so proud of herself, but mostly excited for all the flowers she got. Confession: on the way to the church we watched all these dads walking in with bouquets, so John and I looked at eachother and John was like, "What? Was I supposed to do that?" Apparently- whoops. :) So we ran quick and cut a rose from our front yard, and it worked perfectly. Would the world have ended had she not gotten a rose? No. But it was fun having something for her.  Our friends also came to watch her and brought her tulips, and our neighbor gave her a couple roses as well. To say the least, Caity was pretty tickled. 


No comments:

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...