Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Church Little Things

There are little things about church I want to write down real quick before they go away.
Johnny always insists on having the hymn book open to the right page and he follows along with his finger as he "reads" the words UPSIDE DOWN. Every week. He puts the book on his lap upside down and earnestly pretends he is reading. It cracks us up.
There a group of older men that call Johnny "The Mayor" because he looks like such a little politician-man in his suit and tie, missionary tag, and hair parted. He walks into the sacrament meeting room like he owns the place and makes sure to shake everyone's hands. And don't mind that when someone pays him a compliment he says, "I know. You too." 


Good news: William has not bit anyone in nursery for about 7 weeks straight. Yes, I gave birth to "that kid."  His over all violence has gone down considerably, which is a huge relief to this momma (and his church leaders....and Kaden (pictured above)) 
His favorite part of nursery is snack time and singing time, and by singing time I mean "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." His favorite toy is the car racing track.

I snapped this picture to send to my mom. She made this dress for my little sister, Rebecca. We have in on loan since my mom is Caity's favorite seamstress these days.
Since she was five, Caity has made it her special job to make sure everyone has everything they need ready for church.  Sacrament meeting can be long for little ones, so Caity makes sure to pack crayons, a coloring book and snack. She is so on top of it sometimes. Lately, she has also requested to help Johnny get ready. I just love that girl.
A couple sundays ago, someone was talking about a story from the Book of Mormon and Caity leaned over to me and whispered, "I just read about this!"  I am so proud of her and her reading!


After Sacrament Meeting, there is Sunday School. 
I teach the 12-14 year olds, and by "I" I mean John helps me because they are quite the crazy bunch. Every other week, we drive over to Spencer Krummet's house, so he can teach from his wheelchair. Cardon and Ryan always insist on riding in the trunk of the suburban (it is only about a block or two away) and the entire time John with break check, hit corners hard and hit curbs on purpose to elicit squeals and hollers from the back of the Suburban.  Since the suburban has been out of commision, John crammed all 8 kids into the Hulk on Sunday. Cardon and Ryan insisted on the trunk. Those two.

1 comment:

Lauren and Michael said...

I really really really wish we lived next to each other! You are so funny! Katy is so sweet! Lucky you!

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...