Friday, September 4, 2015

When Caity Turned Six--No, SEVEN!

The funniest thing happened with Caity's birthday this year. As soon as she woke up and saw her birthday cake, she exclaimed, "Mom! I'm not six! I'm SEVEN!" Oh my goodness. I totally bought a "6" candle. What? It's like she aged a whole year in two seconds and it felt like someone punched me in the gut. She is growing way, way too fast. I love that girl.
She was up early and her and I went to Albertsons to pick out some donuts (and get a new candle) for breakfast. She was so happy and talkative, a few workers sang her "Happy Birthday" and one sang, "Happy Birthday to you, you're 102!" She thought that was a hoot and basically told everyone all day long. 
For class, she chose to bring go-gurts. I made her a special lunch with all sorts of Hello Kitty stuff (kitty shaped- sandwich, fruit snacks, drink) and everything was wrapped in wrapping paper, even the banana, haha.  It was the first time she wouldn't be home for lunch, and that was just weird and sad, and gosh- does she really have to grow up?
When she got home from school, we rode bikes then went to a friend's community pool, she is trying to learn out to swim.  It was a lot of fun! We went to McDonalds for her traditional happy meal and played on the toy.
When we got home, she felt particularly loved as all our neighbors just showed up for cake and ice-cream! We had the greatest friends and neighbors in Boise! 

Confession: I'm writing this post six months later, but Caity still talks about how fun it was to have all her friends show up, especially the McFarlenes, the Jensens and Devin. She is one lucky girl!
Adrianne and Maddi got Caity a HUGE craft jar, which is so her, and Rowan and Leah got Caity "Descendants" a Disney movie that Caity is currently obsessed with. I don't even remember what I got her...it must have been something special...like really, I can't remember! How embarressing. It was probably a pony or a coloring book or something like that, haha, how funny.



I love that Caity girl.
She is my creative, thoughtful, sincere, literature-loving, conciencous, giggly, striving, spiritually-intune, earnest, late-night talker and reader, best big sister, funny, crafty, helpful, loving little girl.
Happy SEVENTH Birthday Caity Elizabeth!! 

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Love that you wrapped all of her food for her lunch--what a clever idea! Life is Good :)

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...