Thursday, January 7, 2016

Things Johnny Says

Johnny-isms from this week that made me smile:
Me: Johnny, you're cool.
Johnny: Thanks, but not as cool as a ninja.

Johnny: When I'm a dad, I'm going to say yes to everything- that's gonna make me the best dad ever, right? Except no running away. That's my only rule.
Me: What if your kids get sick from too much candy?
Johnny: hmmm, so yeah- I'll say yes to one piece of candy a day and if they ask again, I'll just walk away so I won't say no. Yeah so no running away, and no candy all day......oh! and no biting! But they come jump on my bed all they want and watch shows all day. I'm going to be the best dad.

The other night I was up doing homework and he came in around 10:30 pm with blood shot eyes and sat staring at me.
Me: Johnny, it's still night time, you need to go back to bed, buddy.
Johnny: Then when am I supposed to find bugs to eat? Bats hunt at night.
Then he fell asleep on the couch.

An Interview:

What is your name?
Johnny. Calhoun. FIVE. Not three or four, that's dad and grandpa.  And two is GREAT grandpa in Dember (Denver) and one is dead. But I meant him when I was a cute little baby.
How old are you?
Four. (Holds out four fingers.) and a half, but I don't have a finger for that.
What color is your hair?
Brownish/Yellowish.
What color are your eyes?
Blue.
What is your favorite food?
ice-cream. HAHAHAHA.
Like, Popcorn with peanut butter, and hmmmm, no nothing. 
(sometimes I drizzle melted butter over popcorn, maybe this was what he was talking about?)
What is your favorite song?
Glory to the Newborn King
What is your favorite treat?
So mom, those snowflake things? Oh yeah, rice crispy treats.
What is your favorite color?
blue
What is your favorite animal?
police dog
What is your favorite book?
hhhmmm, I'm trying to think, cause I like every book. Are you going to ask my favorite movie? OK...hmmmm, I already told you, ummm...every book...but the one I'm going to say is the Jesus book, um, I'll show you. (runs to room) I can't find it. OK, forget the Jesus, Spiderman. And the one I got from Grandpa Brassell with lots of super heroes? And Caity's chapter books like Inside Out.
What is your favorite store?
Toys R Us. WalMart, cause it gots toys and its fun. The other one is Old McDonalds.
What do you like to do with Daddy?
Play with him. So like, in the morning when he's like throwing us on the bed? That's my favorite thing to do with him.
What do you like to do with Mommy?
Cuddle with her. 
What is your favorite movie?
The Cat in the Hat. Inisde Out. Scooby Dooby Doo and that will be all.
What is your favorite TV show?
Watching police dogs on youtube with my Dad.
Who are your friends?
All of the kids at church, and like, there was a kid at the park that we are friends too. And the other one he's like four and he's really fun. And we're friends.
What is your favorite thing to do outside?
Play. Play football. So like, that game where you kick with your feet. Yeah, soccer- like at Boise, when we were playing soccer, Caity and me?
What is your favorite thing to play inside?
Dinosaurs, cars and superheroes.

2 comments:

shaylee jensen said...

I could honestly imagine every single word of this conversation, along with each expression he was having. I love that kid.

Ellen said...

I just love that you wrote this down. Such a sweet guy that Johnny-boy! Life is good :)

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...