Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Fri-yay!

Last Friday was seriously the bomb.
I don't know what it was, but it just all worked out. Maybe it was the 60 degrees that really felt like 80 degrees? Yes, I got my first sunburn of the year!
It started out with a thorough cleaning of our apartment. I told the kids that to prepare for conference our house had to be as clean as "THE CHURCH!" (Yes in all caps, with an exclamation point, because when I talk like that their eyes get all big like saucers and it makes me smile just thinking about it.) We all worked together in every room, and we actually got it done in time for Johnny's preschool.
We walked and rode bikes to Johnny's last day of preschool (which was pajama day- he was stoked.) Then we walked to Kiwi Loco, because hello- frozen yogurt is amazing. Then we walked to the park and played for an hour.  Then we walked and picked up Johnny, then we walked to the doctor to learn all about poor Matthew's double ear infection. Then we walked to Walgreens to spend our "monies" on lollipops. Then we debated walking to the library, but vetoed that to walk home and make a picnic for the park.  We were low on well, everything. So it was Mac & Cheese in the park with celery (except not celery, I just didn't want you to judge me....it was just Mac & Cheese.) We played for a solid hour and a half. Caity made volcanoes out of the bark, Johnny sprinted around the playground "super fast," William was "that kid" kept climbing up the slide after he went down, Matthew ate grass and I sat on the I Spy quilt waiting for my John Calhoun to get home from a long day at the office.
We got home and tucked the kids in bed and as I closed their windows I literally smelt summer! We John and I relaxed while we drank our traditional banana chocolate malt. At the end of the night I felt a little guilty that my life really felt so perfect. Well, apparently I forgot to knock on wood because Saturday gave me quite the reality check. Whew-ee, it was a long one! BUT that doesn't change how great Friday was and even the bad days, I am grateful for this life. Days like Friday are just special days to celebrate the good life in particular.













No comments:

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...