Saturday, July 23, 2016

Early Saturday Morning

I love waking I up early on a Saturday morning. I get to watch the sun rise while the rest of my family is peacefully sleeping. The air is cool but not in a grab your jacket way, but like a large glass of fresh crisp goodness sort of way. And on mornings when I'm the only one up, I get to drink it all in. If I look east, the sky is pinks and peaches and yellows, but I am facing the purple, lavender and dusty blue of the west. The street lights are still glowing, the sprinklers are splashing the sidewalks, and the birds are chirping and squawking as they bounce on the grass.
I'm sitting here thinking a lot of good thoughts today.
First, I am loving this endless summer. Of course there are not-so-good moments every day, but even those become  blanketed in the endless warmth and shining goodness. Every morning we wake up to a world that's calling and we actually get to answer the call, because there is no where we HAVE to be and nothing we HAVE to do....there is just a blank page we get to fill up with whatever life we want to lead.
I'm making it sound like we are climbing the Teton or something exciting like that every day, but that isn't the case. Our days are chalk full of averageness. 
Of park hopping, picnics, watermelon, bike rides, the St.Anthony sandbar, Rigby Lake, summer kid movies, cashing coupons for activities from the library reading program, seeing long missed friends, chalk pictures, collecting bugs, reading books, playing Legos, wrestling, dirty footprint floors, late night talks with john, yogurt and fruit for every meal, snow cone picnics, the splash pad, merry go round rides, neighborhood kid adventures, job charts, red white and blue skittles, carrots for snack every day because the won't eat them at lunch, walking everywhere, rushing to the porch railing when we hear the rumble of dad's motorcycle, staying up late to enjoy light summer nights, but sometimes falling asleep in the couch because of long summer days, tree climbing, laughing, morning hugs, laundry helpers, and deep talks on our I spy quilts about topics ranging from what heaven is like to whether we'd want to own a pirate ship or a private plane.
Anyway, just long days that all blend together to make a rather beautiful life for this girl. 

Yesterday, the kids took a lot of pictures, and I kind of love them because it shows how I fit into a daily life I usually only see from my view point. Soooo, I'm just going to go ahead and put them up today. 








Cate says it creeps her out when I read over shoulder, I'm like....why?







I have a million pictures like this, this view seriously makes me Soooo happy.






1 comment:

shaylee jensen said...

This makes my heart happy. I love those kids. And I love their mom!

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...