Tuesday, September 20, 2016

William's 3rd Birthday

William's Birthday was perfect. It was a complete tribute to our boy, Wills.
He was very excited for his birthday and we heard non-stop for the past couple weeks all about how he was giong to have a RED birthday, an ELMO cake, and LOTS of presents, and how he was going to be THREE. 

The first thing William did when he woke up, was rush to his spot at the table and shout, "ELMO CAKE!!!!"  He was stoked. (Staying up until two in the morning was totally worth it for that reaction) After he realized that wish came true, he ran around the corner and yelled, "PRESENTS!!!"

This was him begging to open one. "Please, just one. ONLY one, Mom. I just open one now, Mom. Maybe one later, Mom. Please, mom."

Here's a few more pictures of how the table looked. I was mighty proud of how it turned out!



William's spot.

William (like all 3 year olds, I suppose) loves helium balloons.  So when I laid out his new ninja turtle shirt, I had to include a few helium balloons as a surprise. I also had to make sure there was one "Let it Go" balloon incuded among the three. He is always singing that song (though often with the wrong lyrics, haha.)

The Birthday Throne.


I always like to make little prize bags for the kids. I think it makes the morning for exciting for everyone, not just the birthday kid.  The highlights of William's prize bags were the mini motorcycles (William is OBSESSED with motorcycles), the character water bottles, and the (go figure) balloons. Everyone also got an Elmo applesauce pouch and Elmo juice box as a snack (turned breakfast) before school. 

After we dropped the big kids off at school. I asked William what he wanted to do. He said, "Go to store! No go home! Please. The store!"  He loves going to the grocery store, haha.  So we went and got "Chocolate chip milk" and a donut for breakfast, then chose out the soda for dinner and icecream for his cake.  He chose a chocolate fudge brownie mix and was so excited about it.  The toy model cars are located by the ice cream and you should have seen that boy's face when for the first time in his exsistance, when he asked for a model motorcycle, I said, "YES! Choose one!" Oh, he was excited. He chose a silver and white one like his Dad's. 


We went home and watch Ninja Turtles with our donuts and milk. Then, William gathered his balloons, motorcyles and informed me it was my job to get the quiet books my mom made so he could play with them. He sat this ^ way for the last hour and a half until we got Johnny. I should also mention he was softly singing Happy Birthday to himself the whole time, hahaha.

We picked up Johnny and came home for snack, then played at the park where William got as many underdogs as he wanted (which was enough to make my arms sore then next day, haha.) Then we walked over to Main Street to watch the Homecoming Parade. This was a lot of fun. I wish I could have video taped those boys dancing to the drum line. The boys came home with quite a bit of candy and William told me, "I like that William Birthday Parade!" Haha. That was awesome.  A whole parade just for him.

Caity had early dismissal from school, so we picked her up before we went to get Happy Meals at McDonalds (my kids eat really healthy on their birthdays, Ha!)  It was so fun. Everyone was pretty well behaved, William ate ALL his food (which never happens,) and the older kids kept singing Happy Birthday to William which he would reply in his cute, toddler voice, "Nank you!"

I asked William where he wanted to go next, and he replied, "THE ALL GIRLS HOUSE!" I feel like I have to capitalize everything because William is such a shouter, haha.  Well we headed to the Hellman's house (they have all daughters, hence my kids' name for their house) and jumped on the trampoline, played play-doh and wore this out fit the entire hour and half we were there:

I just love that boy.  (I also want to mention when we went back on Sunday, he marched back to Zandi's room and put on the same outfit again.) They played dolls and he got to be Elsa because it was his birthday and that made him the happiest three year old in the world.

Then, John met up with us, and took Willie on a motorcycle ride. We went home and voted on cake for dinner since everyone was pretty tired. 

We sang William "Happy Birthday" and he was seriously so cute. He couldn't stop smiling, he was in heaven having the spot light.


When we went around the table to say what we liked about William,  he had the funniest face expression- like flattered and embarressed all in one?  He would just listen intently at whoever was talking and he would nod or laugh at all the right parts, it was so sweet to watch.

His presents were a success.  His favorites were this ninja turtle (from Papa and Mamaw Brassell) and the race car that drove on its own when you pushed a button. He also recieved a minion tin box and a superhero matching game.  He also got homemade"APPLESAUCE!!!" and tools and a quiet book page from my mom, and a book that we read over and over again from his Great Grandparents. He was spoiled, and he knew it.  
When he went to bed that night I kneeled down and he smiled SO big. I said, "I like your smile." 
He said, "Nank you." 
I said, "It makes me soooo happy." 
He said, "You make me so happy!" 
Then he asked me to sing him Happy Birthday one more time. Then he asked me to open one of his treats, which remained uneaten because he fell asleep almost immediately....which I took as an invitiation to creep on him a few times throughout the evening and kiss his little cheeks and whisper how happy I was that he was born a few times in his little ears.  

He woke up Saturday Morning with a very grumpy face, holding his toys, and declared "Today is still my birthday." 
Yes, it was a good day we just didn't want to end.


Oh William, I AM so happy you were born! 
You are our "Old Man Wills", Willy-boy, Master William, Wills, William Bradley, WB. You are a faithful little brother and a fearless older brother.  You are justice among your siblings, even if it involves fists and lands you with your nose against the walls. You have the cutest voice that reminds us of minions. You are exact and the only child I trust with small pieces because you always are so particular and make sure nothing is lost, but put away.  Your smiles make everyone melt.  Your brown eyes express so much, whether is stubborn resolution or playful mischief. You love looking at pictures of yourself and pictures of people you know. You like being my buddy. You are sensitive and are reverant when you feel the spirit.   You like motorcycles, dinosaurs, HULK, anything sugar, swings, running fast, swimming and crashing things.  You are my little guy, and I just love you so, so much. 
Happy Birthday, 

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Love this! What a sweet birthday for a sweet boy! Life is Good :)

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...