Today I, once again, grabbed that wiggly baby of mine and sat in the foyer at church to listen to Sacrament meeting. As I sat there, it all hit me at once. This summer in Denver is officially a thing of the past. And I missed it. So strange. It was wasn't sad leaving and from the beginning we viewed it as a temporary home, but it was just that: our home. Though the time was short, that attic of ours housed some memories I will always cherish. I miss the "views" from our house.
I miss us coming home from a long day of Denver exploring, and playing with my kids in that crammed space.
I miss Cheesman Park and our daily walks there.
I even (kind of) miss our neighbor, Anthony. Never a boring day with that one. John took this picture of him, after Anthony discovered a tattoo he never knew he had.
Denver was good to us. We grew a lot and grew closer. Though unconventional at times, I wouldn't have changed a thing. I sat down as a visitor in my brother's ward, and missed the people I went to church with. They were amazing, and I admired their genuine faith. It made me homesick for a place I had only known 2 months.
I'm sure Boise will bring great new friends and great new memories, which I look forward to, but I am sure every time I say "Remember in Denver when..." there will be a smile on my face.
1 comment:
I love your good attitude and outlook on hard things!
Post a Comment