Here are a few of the fun snacks we have made:
I had the kids build their own spider with pretzels sticks and blueberries with their uncrustable.
Some other meals not pictured: zombie brains (meatloaf in the shape of a brain), crushed bones (mashed potatoes), goblin fingers (green beans); witch's brew and corn bread; mummies (white enchiladas) and monster baby teeth (corn); attempted Ghost shaped donuts and pumpkin juice (peach smoothie.)
Anyway, just lots of fun festive eats that brightened my days!
Of course I am looking forward to the kids being able to be back at the school again, but it really has hit a sweet spot having the kids home.
Speaking of back to school; yesterday I was able to help the PTO sell and distribute last year's yearbook to parents picking up art from our program. I was honestly dreading the four hour block of time I had to cut out of my week. It was quite the highlight, ironically. It was so nice to see all the parents I have developed friendships with. I also loved basking in the beautiful fall weather. I feel like Jacksonville is a bit of a show off this time of year and I am all for it! It was a beautiful peaceful afternoon feeling once again connected to our little community here. I am grateful I took the plunge to get involved in PTO this year. I've only regretted it 80% of the time, haha. But that 20% sure has brought me a lot of joy, and the 80% has brought lots of learning experiences so there is that!











1 comment:
You are so creative! Love all of the festive Halloween eats. Also, you crack me up--you only regret PTO for 80% of the time! Ha! Life is Good :)
Post a Comment