Saturday, September 12, 2020

Filler Moments

 Mostly, I wanted to post the random pictures I took the last couple days that represent the happy moments. They were pictures I knew would not be the prettiest, but for how exhausted I feel from the past few days of fires, I love remembering all the happy moments that kept me fueled!


Matthew and Johnny talking at our morning meeting. 

Caity was pretty emotionally exhausted by the time Wednesday afternoon rolled around. A lot of crazy stuff had happened in twenty four hours! So while the boys played, she and I snuck away to watch "Once I was a Beehive" on my bed.

I loooove finding their left over play! (Also, I love seeing blue skies, I can't believe how smoky it has gotten in just 24 hours.)

I don't know why I took this picture, or why I'm including it here, but it made me happy in the moment and it makes me happy now. Honestly, it was probably classic mary taking the picture three seconds too late. I just love watching my kids interact, and be happy for eachother. Right here, Caity was on her way to her friend, Elise's house and Johnny was on his way to Truman's house.

Because our date night was cancelled, John commandeered dinner and confidently announced we were having Mac & Cheese, the box kind. There is a strange reverence around boxed Mac & Cheese in the Brassell family and it kind of cracks me up. I was so grateful because Friday night my cooking brain shuts off!  I loved watching the boys help dad! They watched Bambi, while I took Caity to her service project. It was a good night.


No comments:

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...