Friday, September 25, 2020

How Things are Going

Yesterday I had to go to the elementary school for a PTO board meeting. It gave me just enough quiet time to evaluate how things are going two weeks into the school year. I feel like I am living in this in between space in which on one hand, I cannot ignore the very tough parts of my days. I am sometimes exhausted and unmotivated, emotionally-tug-o-warring my kids to endure their zoom meetings and school work. However, I feel like it would be equally false to sidestep the feelings of relief at small successes, and the divine boosts I've received mid-day.

Monday felt like it was 155 hours long. Tuesday was a miracle in which everyone had a "good" day. Wednesday there was a little conflict, but swift resolution. Thursday I gave up keeping everything in tact, and surprisingly to me; the world did not crash down. 

We've managed to have consistent "Morning Meetings" and consistent family dinners. For me, these daily traditions have established that, no matter what happens throughout the day; we are a family and we are here for each other. Starting the day with opening our scriptures, then ending the day sharing our best/worst parts of the day and laughing with each other while sharing a meal has provided life with that "spoon full of sugar to help the medicine go down." 

I imagine this is what life is, actually. Meaning, most days cannot be categorized into happy days or sad days, or good days or bad days, or chaotic days or peaceful days. Each day that we are gifted provides us experiences that layer richness in life. It is for us to choose how to consume and distribute what we are given in a day. For example, a good day is a day I choose to see progress and purpose, happy days are days I choose to be grateful, peaceful days are days I focus on Jesus Christ, my Savior.

So how are things going? Forward. I pray I can be present enough to appreciate each step (even if it's in hindsight!)



No comments:

You May Also Enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...